Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any pictures of 36x12.50x15 TSLs on 15x10 and/or 15x12 rims? How do you like them? I think those are going to be my next tire.

TIA,
Superdave4x4

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
there are probably a lot of guys running 10 inch rims with that tire,but i dont think anybody would run a 12 inch rims with that tire. very prone to rocks etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i see where u are comming from with the rocks, but i dont come across hardly any rocks, mainly just mud and climbing up off camber hills, ditchs and small trees.

the reason i want the wide wheels is so that i can gain some stability. i am going to mount them on my 15x10s to see how i like them first.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Here's a few pics of my toy on 36 12.5 - 10 inch rims. I didn't like the way the tire seated with the 10" rims and would have probably switched to 8" rims if I had kept them. I didn't have beadlocks and found that the rim was too wide when the tire was aired down, and would leak around the bead (7psi) when rockcrawling.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Nothing says :rainbow: more than a 12.50 tire on a 12" wheel. Don't do it. 8" or 10" is best. Wider wheels will not help in any kind of wheeling, but airing down always will, even in the mud.

I'm not sure what you mean by "and small trees" but I hope you're not running over trees where other people can see you. That's a good way to get wheeling grounds shut down. Remember to TREAD LIGHTLY!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks alot man.

And no i dont run over trees on public trails. On my land and my friends land.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts