Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I stared to tear down my 425 and was thinking i'll have to paint it whaen i'm done but what color so if you have a nice looking engine thets see it

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Here is my 401, I used the paint called "Cast Blast" its supposed to look like it wasnt really painted. In person, a few people have asked me what color I was going to paint it.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I have no pics, but I've always been a huge fan of Chevy orange block and heads, with chrome (yes, I said chrome, fawkers!) valve covers. When my truck gets its V8, that's how its gonna look.

·
nice roach.
5,742 Posts
Here ya go Heavy metal toy.......chevy orange.... and chrome valve covers...... they were given to me so who was I to turn them down?!?!? :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
jhama78 said:
Here ya go Heavy metal toy.......chevy orange.... and chrome valve covers...... they were given to me so who was I to turn them down?!?!? :D
just beautiful.....it brings a tear to my eye!

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
keep em coming

well I never was a fan of chevy (its also our school color :rainbow: ) and the Caddy blue is :rainbow: so maybe IH red

·
Registered
720 Posts
Paint it with catalized enamel like you would paint the body with. The sky is the limit on colors. I painted a motor metalic purple with a clear coat.....it went into a black&white (two tone) Camaro....it was bad ass.

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Here's ours, GM Diesel Alpine Green. The :rainbow:est color I could find in engine paint :D

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
i don't have pics, but i painted the block of my 289 with black high heat enamel and i painted the valve covers and intake with high heat silver enamel. it looks sweet on the gray body and black frame

1 - 20 of 51 Posts