Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tore the junk down, 1973 CJ5, and here is the frame. Ended up adding 12" to the back and 6" to the front, so it will land around 102 or so. Planning to fab a tire carrier to hide the "shelf" in the rear and an extra xmember in front for the grill. Then beat the crap out of it :flipoff2:

Have the 304, T18, D300, 44 front and C&C 14 bolt and not enough time to put it together. :(

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Lincolnloc said:
Looks good! Are those waggy springs in the back ground???
Nope, those are JC Whipme's 7 leaf CJ-7 rear "HD".

GoatFish said:
Looks good, what are the plans for the tub?
He's just slapping the, uh, much welded :flipoff2: CJ5 tub on there. I think that he's gonna leave the back open for like a spare tire/trail toolbox area.

Look's good dude, now the fun begins.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still working on the tub, had alot of rust which got cut out. It's almost back together. I'll just cut what needs to be cut to make the tires fit :D

As for the garage, I've taken over the whole thing. My wife's suburban doesn't fit in there anyway, even empty.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I finished my T-18a rebuild a couple of weeks ago. I have a 10" x 1" dia stainless shaft (there I go, braggin agin) that comes in real handy if you decide to remove the counter shaft. I also have a tub of "sticky lube".

I mention in case you want to borrow, maybe we could hook up at Attica sometime...

·
Registered
737 Posts
Looks sorta like the one I'm finishing, except I'm adding 12 inches to the back only. I will be at 99" when I'm done.

I plan on adding 12" of sheetmetal between the door and the wheel well. It's gonna look like a CJ-6 when I'm done.

Andy

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kreep, thanks for the offer, not sure when I could meet you in Attica though. No rig and working a ton of hours :(

Afecko, I thought about doing that with the tub but decided against. I figure when I roll it it will just be more to deal with. I will probably end up with the rear tubed out eventually anyway.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Looks great. Are you going to coat the frame with anything? A protectant?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The frame will get coated with Rustoleum. This thing is gonna be trail only so it will be rattle can all the way. Probably Herculiner the tub.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have some pics, they're in the camera, I will upload tonight.

Basically I decided how far back I wanted to move it and cut two identical pieces out of 2x4x3/16".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, Meyer, where you at in Indy? I'm in Greenwood, IN, I have a '79 CJ5 sitting in my garage right now with only a bit more on the rails than that. I broke it at Attica last year, and am in the process of making sure that doesn't happen again.

Got a Ford 8.8, a Dana 44, a T-18a, all ready to go on the beast. I just need to get the time to put it together, like you say. I should have mine ready by mid-May, I'm thinking. Then I have to get it back to the Badlands to see if it is still breakable. ;)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here you go...

Indycj5 -- I live near I69 and 96th street on the NE side. Are you in Indyjeepers? I have been for about a year and a half or so. Not sure I've ever seen your CJ out.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
IndyCJ5 said:
Hey, Meyer, where you at in Indy? I'm in Greenwood, IN, I have a '79 CJ5 sitting in my garage right now with only a bit more on the rails than that. I broke it at Attica last year, and am in the process of making sure that doesn't happen again.

Got a Ford 8.8, a Dana 44, a T-18a, all ready to go on the beast. I just need to get the time to put it together, like you say. I should have mine ready by mid-May, I'm thinking. Then I have to get it back to the Badlands to see if it is still breakable. ;)
Nice original fawkin Screenname. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice original fawkin Screenname
Hehe, can't believe you copied! :flipoff2: LOL!

Meyer, I'm on the Indyjeepers board, I tried to join when they had the new member moratorium a year ago, but couldn't. I have the application sitting on my desk just waiting to go. I'm going to toss $15 into the pot for the BBoard there too, I can't stand those pop-ups. ;)

It's just a matter of time before I get that app in. I probably should do it before they shut the door again.

The reason you haven't seen my CJ out is because I broke the damn thing on my first outing last year, and that is why it is getting a whole list of brand new tougher parts this Winter/Spring.

I live on the Southside, near US 31 and Wortheville Road by 84 lumber. That's about 5 miles South of Greenwood Mall.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts