Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took it out fo the first test today. Worked really well. Better than my Coby Hueghy Arms I used to have. I didn't have a rear driveshaft in yet cause I'm going to 3-link the rear as well and don't want to cut it twice. No trail experience yet but it will be coming quickly I hope. Shocks are not done yet on the lower. I am working on a dual pivot set-up since the arms pivot.

http://www.angelfire.com/ks/broncostuff/index.html
Feel free to post the pics on here if ya want.

Thanks, Jake

·
Registered
296 Posts
nice job, couple of q's
any more pics of how that klune/205 got tucked in there?
How much longer is that setup over stock?
How did you get comfortable grinding that much off the 205? any pic of that?
tia
Mike

·
Registered
318 Posts
Jake that looks awesome dude, lets see some more pic's, like one of the skid plate and one of the pass. coil compressed.
Keep up the good work ;)
Later, Francois.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike,
I can get some more pis for ya.

My rear d-shaft was too long for the front by 2 inches... which worked out perfectly since I moved the front forward 2". My front drive shaft was too short for the rear if that gives you any indication of the length. but it worked out around 10" I think. The adapter on the c4 was one inch shorter too.

I took the 205 apart so I could measure how thick it was. It was the corner of the side mounting that I ground off. With it rotated it stuck up very high.

Francois,
I'll get some pics, Don't have the skid plate done yet...

Hell I can't hardly get my head in there to see what is going on let alone the camera!

thanks, Jake

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I'd like to hear more details on the C4/Klune/205 also. Do you know how much longer than the C4/D20 that is? What ratio Klune box did you use? How much were the adapters?

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't get any more pictures but I did measure from the back of the C4 to the face of the yoke on the 205 was 27". That includes the 205 the 1" spacer, Klune and the Dana 300 adapter for the C4. I don't know what a c4/D20 measured cause I had an AOD. The Dana 300 adapter was pretty expensive. About $380. Klune was $1650. I have the 4.0 Klune. I could have went with the 2.7 and no adapter for my Aod but I decided I wanted to extra gear and to go back with the C4 to help finance the project.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Man, that does flex a lot better than it used to and it flexed good before. Yep for sure do the back and you will have a bad mofo. Dammit Ill have to do the front of mine now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts