Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up this YJ last weekend for $850. It has a 4 cyl that is for sale. I was just looking for a tub for a frame i already started building but i couldn`t pass up the deal. here are a few pics:

Im trying to have my jeep finished(well they are never really "finished") by summer. some of the goodies are 93 5.0L mustang motor,AOD or C-6 tranny, Atlas 3.8:1, D44 front(because I have it already),D60 rear,waggy springs,full cage Tig welded by me. ect, ect...
More Pics to follow:flipoff2:

·
Registered
107 Posts
looks like you'll have one hell of'a' rig when its done. im also in GB, let me know if ya need a hand with the project.:D
see ya
johnny

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
ynnhoj said:
looks like you'll have one hell of'a' rig when its done. im also in GB, let me know if ya need a hand with the project.:D
see ya
johnny
Where in the hell were you guys when I lived in Annapolis? There were only a couple other built Jeeps out there, and they all belonged to the guys that worked at that shop in GB. You guys don't mess with that Maryland Mud Bugs crap do you>?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HybridPOS said:

You guys don't mess with that Maryland Mud Bugs crap do you>?

How long ago did you live in annapolis? & I think the Mud duds are a joke.
I used to have this 91 YJ:

sorry about the picture size:D

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I moved back down here to TX about a year ago. Yeah, same sentiment on the Mudbugs. :rainbow: friggen goofballs playin in the mud on 31's. I can't tell you how many times I got pieces of paper on my Jeep asking me to show up on sunday morning to go MUDDING!!! I have a cabin in Shenendoa Valley, up in the mountians. They wanted me to pay to go on their little trip through the trails out there.... LOL

·
Registered
134 Posts
I aligned myself w/ the Nova jeepers, rather than the Mudbugs.
This is no longer drivable after a fuel injection fire ....but this is the rig I drove when I was living in G'town. You may know of me thru it.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
ya know, I lived in NOVA for 4 years and got into Jeepin about the last 8 months or so that I lived there. I had no clue there was a NOVA Jeepers. I lived in Fairfax County, Lorton, traffic just got to me. Oh well, if I ever end up living up that way again I will know what to look for.
I don't think I ever saw you rig, I spent quite a bit of time in G'town for work too. I did see a FJ down there quite a bit that was built nice, though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
HybridPOS said:
ya know, I lived in NOVA for 4 years and got into Jeepin about the last 8 months or so that I lived there. I had no clue there was a NOVA Jeepers. I lived in Fairfax County, Lorton, traffic just got to me. Oh well, if I ever end up living up that way again I will know what to look for.
I don't think I ever saw you rig, I spent quite a bit of time in G'town for work too. I did see a FJ down there quite a bit that was built nice, though.
ya, we just started the NOVA Jeepers club this past October. Not too hardcore, but just basically a bunch of Jeep ppl in the same area.

·
Registered
134 Posts
HybridPOS said:

Don't laugh at the color (cause that's why it was repainted.Computer resolution shows an undesirable color, although the truck was actually Dodge Canyon Copper ...)

But it was this color for alot longer....

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Looks like a pretty slick rig, but whats up with those wheels?

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Was it running and driving for $850???

What's the year (assuming pre-'92 from the rollbar)?? That makes the 2.5 TBI right?

·
Registered
134 Posts
HybridPOS said:
Looks like a pretty slick rig, but whats up with those wheels?
They were there to cover up the crappiest set of used-to-be-white steelies that I used when I actually hit the trail. I couldn't dent that particular set, and they weighed who-knowsa-what!

They finally rusted thru... dammit!:rolleyes:

Those hubcaps hid the Ford axle Warn lockouts for the "sleeper" effect in accepting wheeling challenges. :flipoff2:

:) :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think the caps and color kinda go together... And I'm sure they would look better going than coming!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Re: Re: Pics of my project

bigdude said:
Was it running and driving for $850???

What's the year (assuming pre-'92 from the rollbar)?? That makes the 2.5 TBI right?
Its a 91 2.5L MPI, and yes it runs with 205,000 miles but it does not drive.. there is no transmission or transfer case. the body is in unbeliveable shape ther are only a few dings on the hood & the front of the fenders wich is fine since it will be "flat fendered"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts