Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are pics of my comanche trail rig trying to do an exoskeleton cage with my homemade bender here`s what I have so far the first pic is when I got for FREE!

\

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
I choose pic. 1, thanks for the chance...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That was a good 1st try.

My vote is cut it off and start over!
Try getting your tube a little closer to the body.
I know what your sayin but what would be better if it was closer to the body?I kinda like it the way it is and with the price of tubing it`s going to work for now,my tubing bender is A conglermation of a bunch of scrap parts and a green lee conduit die I dont have 20 bucks in the bender and the tag on the truck is right a $440.00 think you can do better cheaper then show me?

aaron

·
Registered
405 Posts
you could cut a couple inch's out of the cage and then sleeve it. This way you wouldn't be out the money for the tube, and it would then be closer to the truck. At least thats what I would do.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you could cut a couple inch's out of the cage and then sleeve it. This way you wouldn't be out the money for the tube, and it would then be closer to the truck. At least thats what I would do.
But what why would it be better closer to the truck?Just wondering?

aaron

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Why are you trying to protect the free rust?

Good score though and have fun with it. .

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
honestly i looked at this and thought... id have some fun in that thing. i know i would have done things differently but if its sturdy then who cares. deff not a truck to show off but you can beat the piss out of it with no worrys.
That is the plan!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that explains alot more than just the spelling!

you need some kind of bracing in the rear otherwise if you flop the rear section will fold in easily
Its not finished yet need to buy more tubing this week to finish it.

aaron

·
]2eDeYe
753 Posts
But what why would it be better closer to the truck?Just wondering?

aaron
Just cause I like the general idea you got going on...

Any gaps between the body and the exo will hook onto every branch, ledge and rock available stopping all foward movement. At least if you wheel round here. :rolleyes:

If you move it closer to the body, the truck will be smoother.

and I woulda put the cage on the inside of a FREE truck. :laughing:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just cause I like the general idea you got going on...

Any gaps between the body and the exo will hook onto every branch, ledge and rock available stopping all foward movement. At least if you wheel round here. :rolleyes:

If you move it closer to the body, the truck will be smoother.

and I woulda put the cage on the inside of a FREE truck. :laughing:
Thanks that makes sense,I always liked the way the exo cage looks so thats why I did it,This is the first time I have bent any tubing so I am learning.

aaron

1 - 20 of 41 Posts