Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my shippment of MOG 404 axles in. (Thanks Taradon)
So I thought I would post some pics of the narrowed housings I ordered with my steer axles. They are narrow ~7", one on the short side to go up front, and one one the long side to go on the rear.
Advantages to this setup is that I can more easily manage to fit these diffs under my engine, I only need to have 2 custom axles made not 4, retains the strong Unimog diffs with cable lockers.

Here are the pics of the housings, nice work welding them up. Normally they would be sandblasted and painted, but since I have to weld on suspension links and such I had taradon skip it.

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here are my steer axles. These are going under a tube chassis rig. I will post pics of the disassembly once I start tearing into these things to swap housings.

Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The cost was about $1300 ea with the housings done, but that didn't include things like the custom inner axles or pinion conversions. Give Taradon a PM if you want pricing from him.

As far as the housings, yes I believe the factory offset is 3.75"
The front axle got 7" off the short side making it 10.75" offset to the drivers side.
The rear 7" was taken off the long side, which ends up just over center.

HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts