Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys post up your R/S? I am gonna have to do one of these on my cruiser, and don't want to buy a kit. I plan on building my own, and then incorporating the P/S into it. Right now the P/S gear box is blocked in witht he stock shackle mounts. I am gonna have to grind those off, and then weld a new setup in its place.

Thanks
Dima

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I jsut did a search,and I really like space ghosts setup. Integrated into the bumper is kinda cool. I am considering running some YJ front springs and XJ rear ones. This should work well in the long run. If you got pics, post up.

Dima

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just e-mailed Butchbuilt to find out about his setup. I really like it especially howw the PS box is really high up and out of the way.

I am gonna go wider than stock on this setup, so I have to outboard the front hangers as well.

Where in Disco you from? My sisters boyfriend is on the water right down teh road from Disco. I used to spend some time on Marlin Drive Wakeboarding a lot.

Dima

·
Registered
888 Posts
Dima,
Give Butch a couple days to respond. He's been out, but should be home today or tomorrow I think. I have his shop # someplace if you have trouble getting ahold of him. If you're in a hurry, I have one of his kits I have not used yet, just have Butch replace it...
BTW, Actually I'm in Rio Vista....
PMK

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pygpen said:
Dima,
Give Butch a couple days to respond. He's been out, but should be home today or tomorrow I think. I have his shop # someplace if you have trouble getting ahold of him. If you're in a hurry, I have one of his kits I have not used yet, just have Butch replace it...
BTW, Actually I'm in Rio Vista....
PMK

There is a place called Dirty Del's. I have been kicking it there riding all the time. You know where it is?

I will give Butch all the time he needs. I am no serious rush right now.

Dima

·
Registered
888 Posts
Dirty Del's? No, tell me about it.....
there used to be sand-pits, but thats all gated now.
PM me if you're comingout this way. We can get together a swap lies.
PMK

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I have Butch's kit on my cruiser too. You'll dig it. It was alot of welding, but easy to install aside from that, and makes the front of the cruiser waaaay stout. You'll probably want to fab up a bumper after installing the kit.

-Dustin

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
hey pygpen , my inlaws are over in trilogy . I never put 2 and 2 together and realized you were in rio vista. I met you at the fun day at James's. any more trips planned this year ?

·
Registered
888 Posts
I think I know who you are. Its hard to associate PBB handles to faces to rigs.... Your rig is primer grey or olive drab....
I hope to hit the rubicon again this year, but moneys been tight. Maybe I'll take the long way when i go on my anual steelhead trip in late october.
PMK

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was supposed to be out that way on Sat, but had to bail. Dirty Dels is out in Byron. It is really a shady place, but FUN!!!! I will have to give you a shout next time I head out there.

I do plan on Running Butch's setup. I really like the way he builds it. As for welding, I am not scared of a little welding.

Dima

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
anyone post a pic of Butch's setup please.. It's nice to know what vendors sell so us non-local yokels know where to send our limited funds.. Is it a kit including scab plates or something? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Pygpen , I respectfuly say I have no primer gray , all is camo , some red primer , but no grey. I got the hawgs . Would love to hook up for the late season run . Are you goin to surf n turf with the rest of the pmc guys?

·
Registered
888 Posts
heres the kit I got from Butch last year (excuse the surface rust, that is MY fault)

10 peices, not including the bolts. It boxes both sides and top of both frame rails, puts a PS mount on, and extends the frame 2 inches I think. you reuse the solid spring perch, or buy new from toyota. the plates that are screwed together in front get seperated and one is welded to the frame ends and the other to your choice of bumper. I think they are optional too, depending on your bumper choice.
PMK
EDIT: the hole in the left plate is for the VIN to show through.
tornadoalleycruiser said:
anyone post a pic of Butch's setup please.. It's nice to know what vendors sell so us non-local yokels know where to send our limited funds.. Is it a kit including scab plates or something? Thanks.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I did not mean to offend, I remember the Hawgs. Probably wont go to pismo, I'll let you know if I go in october.
PMK
peesalot said:
Pygpen , I respectfuly say I have no primer gray , all is camo , some red primer , but no grey. I got the hawgs . Would love to hook up for the late season run . Are you goin to surf n turf with the rest of the pmc guys?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i'm poor, so i went the free route...torch rivet out of old hangers and remove...do not damage old hangers. remount rear on the front. cut the tube section out of front hanger. cut two holes in frame and weld in the tubes from the front hanger. using a broom handle or long metal pipe with a level is a good way to make sure you get the tubes lined up correctly before welding.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts