Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and thats it. looks like its coming along well... whens it going to be done simon? :D

all work is being done by timm, btw

·
Registered
660 Posts
I really do have a truck...

Thanks for posting the pics Adam. BCB is doing the work and Matthew took the pics. When will it be done? Dunno. As soon as possible! I'd like to have it back by June, so I can get the tub, T pieces and doors back on and otherwise get it together before the Portland ABFM. It'll be the first and maybe only time I go to the ABFM.

The bolt on motor mounts were Timm's idea - to allow an easier engine swap to a SBC or whatever.

What happened to the pics of the chrome diff cover and custom fiberglass running boards Adam???

Anyone want my SIII bulkhead?

Simon

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
What's up with the bulkhead?

I need a better one for my series IIA and I'm not worried about cobbling it to make a Series III fit-if there are any significant differences I don't know about.

Paul

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Simon! Looking good man.

I am actually kind of surprized that Timm opted to use the stock RR engine mounts. The last 4-5 conversions I've seen him done he's used the Energy Suspension GM motor mounts. Guess since he was starting from scratch :confused:

I know he's got an excellent reason for doing what he's doing (or at least he'll tell you his reason is excellent....depending....).

As for when it'll be done? Look at my timeframe and you'll have a rough idea of when it'll be done.

Time will tell. Good luck! Keep the checks flowing their direction and I'm sure all will be well. ;)

I know you're anxious to get it back and add your touch to it for sure. A word of advice...get everything ready before you get it back, that way you're not wasting time doing something you could have gotten done months ago. I *tried* to do that but with all things, there are surprizes along the way.

More pics!

·
Registered
660 Posts
My POS

I hear you Mike. I've been prepping stuff for weeks. Yesterday when the wife, daughter and baby were shopping, the two boys and I went to the garage and I let them use the air hammer (with ear protection) and chisel to remove hardened muck from the undersides of the floorboards. They had fun. The stuff was about a half inch thick. Kept them clear of the grinder and drill though.

Hood, fenders (not "bonnet", not "wings":flipoff2: :flipoff2: ), tub and floors are all fully prepped or pretty nearly prepped. Still need to attack the front doors, but all they need is the old doortops hacked off, a cleanup and a little dynamat. Then, I just need to hit the hardware store for a load of nylocks, bolts and washers and a bunch of heat shrink tubing and other shiat on my list. I already have all the seals and stud plates and nut plates I'll need for the tub and T pieces to be replaced. Only real remaining issue I can address ahead of time is a new windscreen frame.....

Meant to tell you Mike - Finally got my own sawzall. Needed it, since you moved away.:flipoff2:

Simon "dwindling bank account" Harding

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I am willing to bet those rubber motor mounts don't last 6 months! Why would anyone want to use stock RR mounts!

If it must be rover swap them with Bosch range rover mounts, SUPER beefy.

Looking good!

Ron

·
Registered
660 Posts
MMs

Yeh, they are the motor mounts for the 4.2 liter RR, PN kkb103120.
Simon

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
:rainbow:

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Simon got the beefier stronger motor mounts.

I just confirmed it. I have both the stock 3.9, 3.5, 4.2 motor mounts, and the ones he has are the replacement for the older motor mounts and stock on the RRII and DiscoII.

They have much stronger rubber/poly and also the studs are 3/8ths rather than 1/4.

Should get him by....for a while!

:flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts