Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
pics of tapped box

OK i got tired of no one having good pics of where to tap a saginaw box...so i tapped mine and took pics:flipoff2:

on the bottom hole i did not tap right in the middle of the passage will that matter? i am just a hair above it...so in future reference go down a little from where i drilled my bottom hole...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
harrdy har har har.....FAWKERS :flipoff2:

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
Buddha's Ghost said:

I saw the thread title and thought he was shipping something and wondering if it was packed properly. :flipoff2:
That was my first thought too but I was all tapped out of whitty replies. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sweet pics.
How about hole size and what tap/threads?

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think it is 7/16's and the tap is 1/4" NPT...when you buy the tap it will tell you what drill bit to use...

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Well I'm tapped time to go to bed :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
bennett said:
I saw that and was thinking 35% ...some kind of a Home depot.. chastity belt?
Kinda like a redneck ductape Brazillain Wax job :eek: OUCH!

I'll have to tell my ol lady about that, and save a few $$.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Did you take apart the box to do it or did you just drill it? Also does it matter where the bottom hole is along that port- does it need to be in line with the top hole? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brian1 said:
Thanks for the pics. Did you take apart the box to do it or did you just drill it? Also does it matter where the bottom hole is along that port- does it need to be in line with the top hole? Thanks.
yes i took it apart...and no you do not need to take the box all the way apart. you just need to take out the top part. (were the steering shaft goes in) i think the hole needs to be in line, the passage is not very long. dont mess with success:flipoff2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just a stupid question if you feel like answering it,, I wanna go full hyd. steering.. not just a ram assist.. is the gear box tapped good enough tp power the ram or should I get something else instead of a gearbox... If something else, what's the best set up.. 85 Samurai.. I've been reading some stuff but I'm stummed a little .. thanks..

·
Registered
355 Posts
Chrisjeep7 said:
i think it is 7/16's and the tap is 1/4" NPT...when you buy the tap it will tell you what drill bit to use...
So peices of metal are talking to you? :flipoff2:

Thanks for the pics. They will come in handy shortly.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts