Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in the process of trimming my rear quarters to get rid of the rust aroung the fender well and rear quarter ,and also to stuff hopefully a 36" tire or may be bigger later down the road. i have already started trimming but would like to see what others have done to maybe get some other ideas and options..

here is what i have so far

[

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
That is always a tough one to get to look decent. I was pretty happy with the way mine turned out. I took front fenders of the opposite side and held them against the rear fender well and traced lines. Then did work with a sawzall. I aligned them so that I didn't cut the front bit of the rear fender well since I moved my axle back, but I'm sure centering it would work just as well.

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
what are you going to do about the back part of the wheel well that you removed?
do you plan on putting in some new metal or just leaving it open? BTW thanks for the reply and sweet rig like the build thread ..
I will most likely put something in there to at least brace the rear half of the fender, but it isn't open to the interior, so it doesn't really require sheet metal work.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
I will most likely put something in there to at least brace the rear half of the fender, but it isn't open to the interior, so it doesn't really require sheet metal work.
Here's what I'm in the middle of for my 800. I picked up a 20' stick of 1/4" rod and rolled it around the spare to get the shape. I welded it in and ran out of daylight. I plan to clean it up, a little, and then paint. This made the fender quite a bit stiffer and no sharp edge.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
i am in the process of trimming my rear quarters to get rid of the rust aroung the fender well and rear quarter ,and also to stuff hopefully a 36" tire or may be bigger later down the road. i have already started trimming but would like to see what others have done to maybe get some other ideas and options..

here is what i have so far
Take your pictures during the day or invest in flash:homer::flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Cant see it too well but here is how I used to cut my fenders/rear quarters....

Sean

·
Registered
297 Posts
holy crap i said trimmed not quarterless :grinpimp: JK. btw thanks for all of the replies keep the pics comin. all sweet looking rigs
what else am I suppose to do with a 44"inch tire

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
cool thanks for the pics.. i am a subscriber to four wheeler mag, and i saw the voting form in this months issue .. was wondering if you know a quicker way to vote ? looked on thier website but didn't see anyway to vote online?
You can ONLY vote by buying the rag. Sounds like a conspiracy to me!

Sean

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
cool thanks for the pics.. i am a subscriber to four wheeler mag, and i saw the voting form in this months issue .. was wondering if you know a quicker way to vote ? looked on thier website but didn't see anyway to vote online?
Yup....You have to buy the mag and you have to mail the form that is in the mag to the address thats provided. Thats the only way you can vote. They will not accept copies of it either. Thats their way of selling more magazines. I would appreciate a vote from a fellow Scout guy though! Hell, I will mail you a stamp if you want me to! :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup....You have to buy the mag and you have to mail the form that is in the mag to the address thats provided. Thats the only way you can vote. They will not accept copies of it either. Thats their way of selling more magazines. I would appreciate a vote from a fellow Scout guy though! Hell, I will mail you a stamp if you want me to! :grinpimp:
i got you covered . i will mail it off mon. morning i would love to see an IH drop off in the tank trap. if everyone in this forum will vote for you you might be in buisness.. but anyway you got my vote..for anyone that wants the voting form and doesn't know they are in the april 2008 issue of four wheeler

·
Registered
849 Posts

I made a jig that traced a line 3" over what the stock fender line was and cut out with shears. Folded a 1/2'' lip back up to get rid of the sharp edge(after photo was taken).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts