Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all.

I'm having a hard time coming up with a way to mount this that I like. Has to sit ontop of frame, not down between the rails. My steering box is in the way.

·
Ford Bigot
4,100 Posts
I had a similar predicament when I built my flat fender. I ended up just buying the Warn winch plate they made for the 8274 and mounting it up.

The good thing is it matches the whole nostalgia thing going for the GPW. It may not be what you want but the plate certainly is sturdy.

·
Registered
11,080 Posts
Mine's not an 8274 though, it's an old Belleview. I think it actually takes up a little more space on the gearbox side. The mounting pattern is also a bit different......6 bolts instead of 4 and you have to add a hole for the hawse on one side.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Here is what we came up with. Broke the 1/4" at friend's shop. The lip at the top is to stiffen up the plate. It's chopped into a 2x4 bumper.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
first pic on a first gen toyota

not installed, but set up for a 8274.

a bronco

a scout

Attachments

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Im happy with how mine came out. On a side note does anyone know where to buy those square nuts for the mounting bolts? I need 2 and have and have had a hell of a time finding them. Im about to dill and tap some 3/8s, figured id ask first.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
More or less finished up. Going to add/ change a few things that aren't visual and then off to powder

1 - 20 of 34 Posts