Pirate 4x4 banner

2341 - 2360 of 3044 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
seems stable. it is 90" wide also. I have only had it out once so far for a shakedown

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here's my 77 F150. It is on a 97 Dodge 2500 Frame, 4BT Cummins, ZF5, Dana 60 80 combo. Built this way because I had these parts around and it all works amazingly well together. Long way from being done but I've been driving the piss out if it and it gets 20-25 MPG.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Those are the last pics of my truck, had to sell it to cover my lost for having trusted a supposed friend.

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus avec Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
australian delivered 1980 f100 lwb
has a disgusting 250 cross flow 6 cylinder in it, i will hopefully undertake a 4bt swap.
has a bit of rust but not to bad.

·
Registered
35 Posts
1957 Ford Vanette

Yea, I laughed when I first saw it also, but went ahead and bought it anyway. :shaking:

Gave a couple hundred bucks for a 1957 Ford Vanette stepvan. Plan is to make a little 4X4 camper out of it? Bought a divorced NP205, 4.10 greared 1979 Dana 60 for the front, disc brake 70 in the back. Also a rolled F150 is donating a EFI 300 6 and a ZF 5 speed. Safari rack on top, winch, tube bumpers? Not sure of what tire size to go with?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Yea, I laughed when I first saw it also, but went ahead and bought it anyway. :shaking:

Gave a couple hundred bucks for a 1957 Ford Vanette stepvan. Plan is to make a little 4X4 camper out of it? Bought a divorced NP205, 4.10 greared 1979 Dana 60 for the front, disc brake 70 in the back. Also a rolled F150 is donating a EFI 300 6 and a ZF 5 speed. Safari rack on top, winch, tube bumpers? Not sure of what tire size to go with?

:lmao:

Do it. What's the wheelbase and current sized tires? There's a thread in the tow rig section called "Let's see your motorhomes" or something of the such, and there's a Dodge that you can get some ideas off.

I'd keep in mind that thing is going to ride like a tank, and it looks completely thrashed. I'd plan on spending some coin.

·
Registered
35 Posts
:lmao:

Do it. What's the wheelbase and current sized tires? There's a thread in the tow rig section called "Let's see your motorhomes" or something of the such, and there's a Dodge that you can get some ideas off.

I'd keep in mind that thing is going to ride like a tank, and it looks completely thrashed. I'd plan on spending some coin.

I will have to measure the wheelbase. Current tire size is 7.5-17 off the side wall. Thinking about a 17" wheel and 36" to 38" tire?

Seller thought it may be a 1953? I'm thinking 1957? For being nearly 60 years old its in pretty good shape. A $200.00 turd, can't expect much. Side doors work great. They were going to scrap the old girl.

I will re-spring it with something a little longer/softer from the PullAPart.

Roof A/C maybe?

I chopped an idea of what a bigger tire would sorta look like pre-sawzall to give me an idea.

I will look for the Dodge post. Thanks! T

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I think it would be bad ass. I take it it's a lot bigger in person then it appears online. I can see so many cool ways to build it, I say do it and start a thread, it would be cool.

2341 - 2360 of 3044 Posts