Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I didn't actually get to go out wheeling this weekend due to my steering dilema, I had time to fix, finish, rework all kinds of little things.

:D Steering is fixed now however. :D

Finished front

Attachments

·
Registered
673 Posts
I haven't been following the other threads so I am curious as to what was wrong with your steering? Are you running hydro or just power steering? Also, did your SR give you any lift? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mixmaster said:
I haven't been following the other threads so I am curious as to what was wrong with your steering? Are you running hydro or just power steering? Also, did your SR give you any lift? Thanks.
Very strange steering gremlins. It wouldn't turn left. Cleaned the box out with the air comp, replaced the lines, steering u-joint, and now the pump. And presto. All is better. :D

As for my Shackle reversal. With my current set up, it is actually 3 inches lower than before when I had the shackle in front and just a spring over. I removed 2 leaves from the pack, and over the weekend put one back in it, because it sagged to where I wanted it too. So all in all, it's 3 inches lower and a foot wider. Hopefully this means less pics of the glow belly. :D

·
Registered
673 Posts
Its good all the steeing is worked out now. Nice rig. Could you post some close up pics of your rear shackle set up? Is it a revolver shackle type deal? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mixmaster said:
Its good all the steeing is worked out now. Nice rig. Could you post some close up pics of your rear shackle set up? Is it a revolver shackle type deal? Thanks.
here is an old pic, now there is a place for the 1/2" trailer pins to hold it in place when not needed either. I am still debating these shackles. The work great, but they are noisy bastards. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
would you man up and get some tires already, geesh! jiMMy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts