Pirate 4x4 banner

8181 - 8200 of 8203 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Foggy Moon, below and to right is venus or the space station IDN.

For a member that was asking what guys use to transfer fuel.
I use these stainless parker quick disconnect connectors with -16 cloth over rubber aeroquip hose

·
Permanent Newb
3,030 Posts
That...

is fantastic. Well done Sir.:grinpimp: Go ahead and treat yourself to a Scotch!

·
thhhpptthh!
46,933 Posts
Came around a corner yesterday and found dad laying there like this.

Verdict is still out if the Husqy got tired and decided they were taking a nap or vice-versa.

·
Dirt Engineer
505 Posts
Came around a corner yesterday and found dad laying there like this.

Verdict is still out if the Husqy got tired and decided they were taking a nap or vice-versa.

Hope he was OK. A few years ago I was driving across north park from Steamboat, in the middle of nowhere. Came around a bend and found a deer flopping around, a bike dumped in the middle of the road and a guy laying on the line. He seemed awake when I got to him, but he didn't know how long he had been there, blacked out. A truck going the other way stopped and helped me push the bike off the road. That guy dispatched the deer and I took the rider to the next town for medical attention. Weird deal.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hope he was OK. A few years ago I was driving across north park from Steamboat, in the middle of nowhere. Came around a bend and found a deer flopping around, a bike dumped in the middle of the road and a guy laying on the line. He seemed awake when I got to him, but he didn't know how long he had been there, blacked out. A truck going the other way stopped and helped me push the bike off the road. That guy dispatched the deer and I took the rider to the next town for medical attention. Weird deal.
Our club was up wheeling in Liberty Wa years ago when one of the members noticed skid marks going off the side of the road. We stopped to investigate. A quad rider had mis-judged a corner at speed and clipped a tree breaking both his femurs. We got them splinted with some tree branches and got a rescue helicopter to come out to us.

It was a totally shitty day after that. Nobody felt like wheeling.

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
Our club was up wheeling in Liberty Wa years ago when one of the members noticed skid marks going off the side of the road. We stopped to investigate. A quad rider had mis-judged a corner at speed and clipped a tree breaking both his femurs. We got them splinted with some tree branches and got a rescue helicopter to come out to us.

It was a totally shitty day after that. Nobody felt like wheeling.
When I was a kid in the early 70s we lived in a remote Appalachian area about 20 miles to the next house .
Always had people knocking on the door for help with accidents

One day guys is pounding on the door and says he has a guy in the back seat of his car he picked up on the mountain .
Hurt Guy has both legs broken, says he ran his motorcycle off the road, thinks it was two days ago, took him two days to crawl back up to the road

8181 - 8200 of 8203 Posts