Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
looks like fun.... damn.. that 4runner broke through that what..... 8" of ice?? :eek: good thing it wasnt too deep. lol

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Too cold for me.:D

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
nice pics, thanks for sharing them :)

I'd be winter wheeling too if some sorry rat bastard wouldn't have stolen my hard top/ tossed the soft top last spring after it fought with the garage door and lost, and a bikini top doesnt offer much shelter when its in the teens without windshield factor added in, so I'm waiting till warmer weather to wheel on the bright side of this I have had some time to do some upgrades so I guess its kinda all good, but no hard top still:mad:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Wasn't there...but it was NIPPLY cold here at home just around the corner!!!

That is DogDenII's first run out with the truck since the rebuild!!!

Check out his front end flex...I think he and Pop's got it right.

DogDenII 1 DogDenII 2

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
das_jeepinator said:
nice pics, thanks for sharing them :)

and a bikini top doesnt offer much shelter when its in the teens without windshield factor added in,

.............I'm sure a hard top doesn't offer too much shelter in the teens with no windshield either.

"windCHILL"

heh heh:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Nice!! Looks like MN! We just got our first snow of the year this weekend :mad: about freakin' time.

As for the 4Runner breaking through 8" of ice. I see it all the time when we are out wheeling. If the ice is over swampy crap the ice is no good. Nothing like 8" of ice on a calm deep lake. I have seen lil' wrangler break through 6-8" of ice on trails.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
UZI 9mm said:

.............I'm sure a hard top doesn't offer too much shelter in the teens with no windshield either.

"windCHILL"

heh heh:flipoff2:
heh ya caught that well there is a big azz hole in the passenger side of the "windchill'd" so either way it is no good :D
however I did mean windchill musta been subconsiously (SP?)
about the windshield at the sametime :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
sceep said:
looks like fun.... damn.. that 4runner broke through that what..... 8" of ice?? :eek: good thing it wasnt too deep. lol
Maybe it's because it had my fat self inside!:flipoff2: It was actually only about 5-6" thick. I figured after 2+ weeks of bone-chilling cold it would be plenty thick. I was actually the second one in and the ice was already broken. Knew how deep it was from previous trips. It has swallowed several vehicles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts