Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in the process of finishing my new buggy. Because of my poor physical condition, climbing in and out over a welded door bar is just not an option for me. Sooo, I need to figure out some kind of swinging door assembly. I would really appreciate any ideas and perhaps a few pictures of how you mounted the doors and what you used for latch`s. Thanks.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am in the process of finishing my new buggy. Because of my poor physical condition, climbing in and out over a welded door bar is just not an option for me. Sooo, I need to figure out some kind of swinging door assembly. I would really appreciate any ideas and perhaps a few pictures of how you mounted the doors and what you used for latch`s. Thanks.
No idea`s????

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
while not a buggy it is attached to the exo

sleeves and bolts go thru the exo to attach the "hinges" in the front

the rear has a sleeve in the exo and the door bar has an internal 1/2" pin that is spring loaded that fits snugly into the sleeve in the closed position. A steel wire runs inside the tube to a little ring to pull to open - you can kind see the ring about 6" rearward of the gun

the rear tube is also "coped" so that if the pin breaks it could catch to keep it solid. All that plus it's larger than the door opening so it should be safe - at least alot safer than guys using factory sheetmetal to attach tube doors

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Clay Egan has one on his buggy(comp guy)
Welderboy has one too.(comp guy)
might be able to look for pics of thier rigs

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Clay Egan has one on his buggy(comp guy)

I dont have any pics of Clays rig but I know he uses 3/4" heim joints for the hinges and possibly for the latch as well. Works nicely because everything doesn't have to be straight for it to swing smoothly.

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
while not a buggy it is attached to the exo

:eek:thats a potato gun right! that thing is pretty bad ass! We have a 5 footer we bring out to JV all the time! so much fun!

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
I dont have any pics of Clays rig but I know he uses 3/4" heim joints for the hinges and possibly for the latch as well. Works nicely because everything doesn't have to be straight for it to swing smoothly.
Never looked closely at it. I remember it swings down and away too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts