Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at piecing a TJ long arm kit together and I saw a while back that :flipoff2:someone had done this before on PBB but I can't find it anywhere. I'm looking at going with Clayton arms and their rear truss but I thought I saw someone sold some frame mounts that tucked up inside the rails instead of hanging down below, Poly Performance maybe? Anyone out there done this before?

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,759 Posts
I'm looking at piecing a TJ long arm kit together and I saw a while back that :flipoff2:someone had done this before on PBB but I can't find it anywhere. I'm looking at going with Clayton arms and their rear truss but I thought I saw someone sold some frame mounts that tucked up inside the rails instead of hanging down below, Poly Performance maybe? Anyone out there done this before?
Poly has a new truss and nice upper brackets. They converted my TJ to triangulated and it turned out sweet.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,759 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
The one thing about the clayton kit that I'm not real sure about is the rear truss, don't know what I'd recommend instead but if you do somehow manage to bust a weld on it you're looking for a headache.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Bust a weld on any truss for triangulated uppers in the rear and you are going to have a headache-Clayton, Poly, homemade ain't gonna matter.

That being said I have a modified Clayton kit on my TJ. It is a rear stretch dual triangulated. Looking back I should have just built it myself. This is what I did to get everything above the frame:

·
Registered
16,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bust a weld on any truss for triangulated uppers in the rear and you are going to have a headache-Clayton, Poly, homemade ain't gonna matter.

That being said I have a modified Clayton kit on my TJ. It is a rear stretch dual triangulated. Looking back I should have just built it myself. This is what I did to get everything above the frame:

How far back on the floor of the tub did you have to notch for the upper arms to clear?

·
Registered
519 Posts
So far I have cut the floor as far as the ledge heading towards the back seat area. Up to the bottom of the rear floor. This weekend I plan on cutting the rear frame off and reworking it to line up with the spring mounts on my rear 70. Once I have that determined I will figure out how much of the floor in the rear needs to be cut to get enough clearance for my truss at full bump. I plan on keeping it as low as possible with the 39's. My fuel cell will be sunk into the floor rearward of the rear axle, even with the bottom of the new frame.

Some say I will post up a build thread:rolleyes::rolleyes: when I get around to it and have the time for it.

I can send ya some pics when I am done this weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts