Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a lapbelt and small superflex joint from him last week and there were some glitches in the order. Two belts showed up instead of one and they were a slightly different style than I had asked for. I sent him a PM letting him know what was up, not really stressed at all about it, just wanted him to be aware. So he calls me up at 7pm PST(I heard Ryan in the background answering the phones, damn these guys work late) to talk to me and see what he can do to make it right. I told him that I was not upset and just wanted to let him know of the mixup. He then insisted that there must be something he could do to make it up to me, and well, tomorrow I'll be ordering some more stuff :grinpimp:

I just wanted to share an experience I had with an awesome vendor. Nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes(nobody knows it better than I do :flipoff2: ), but it is how we handle those mistakes that defines our character. Needless to say, Dave is a standup guy and will be getting my business in the future.

Ary

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
Arya Ebrahimi said:
I ordered a lapbelt and small superflex joint from him last week and there were some glitches in the order. Two belts showed up instead of one and they were a slightly different style than I had asked for. I sent him a PM letting him know what was up, not really stressed at all about it, just wanted him to be aware. So he calls me up at 7pm PST(I heard Ryan in the background answering the phones, damn these guys work late) to talk to me and see what he can do to make it right. I told him that I was not upset and just wanted to let him know of the mixup. He then insisted that there must be something he could do to make it up to me, and well, tomorrow I'll be ordering some more stuff :grinpimp:

I just wanted to share an experience I had with an awesome vendor. Nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes(nobody knows it better than I do :flipoff2: ), but it is how we handle those mistakes that defines our character. Needless to say, Dave is a standup guy and will be getting my business in the future.

Ary
Thanks bro........ I try very hard to make sure everyone who purchases from us is 100% satisfied. Things can't go 100% right 100% of the time but we can try. Thanks for the post and thanks for not being a dick about our fawk up.

Dave

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Arya Ebrahimi said:
I ordered a lapbelt and small superflex joint from :fj:

bla, bla, bla

Ary

:fj: is an alright guy, he just looks at too many bewbies on the net and crashes his computer. :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

BTW, you ever get my check?

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Pig is always straight up.

He has my buisness when I am not being a cheap bastard and will open my wallet

;) (common problem with wheelers)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
let me add one quick story about Poly Performance:

I ordered some drive flanges for the D60 but the caps were out of stock. I told Dave & Ryan that I wanted to wait it out b/c I wanted to run there stuff rather than the Warn. Dave was expecting a set to be returned so he said when he got those back he'd send them to me ASAP since I was in a time crunch. Well, when they got them back they were not in perfect condition so Ryan called to ask what I wanted to do. I said as long as they are 100% functional send them b/c I need them......sure enough, they got them to me quick at a $$ discount too.

GREAT VENDOR! THANKS AGAIN!

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
have ordered a ton (8 coilovers, 20+ RE joints, TRE inserts....) of shit from him with some little problems but they were fixed in a timely matter...i always recomend him to my customers/friends.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
You guys that are speaking up for him, said you had some problems, but they got resolved quickly. How bout a vendor that can get it right the first time?

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
i understand mix ups are going to happen (more so with a small co) yeah it pisses me off a little but what keeps me comming back is customer service and (good prices). now that IS hard to find in a vendor.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Keith said:
You guys that are speaking up for him, said you had some problems, but they got resolved quickly. How bout a vendor that can get it right the first time?
when you are shipping 200+ packages a week slight mixups can happen. even with my target rate of <2% errors that is still 4 packages that might get messed up. if you know of a shipping department that dosent fuckup once in a blue moon e-mail me so I can ask them for tips on getting mine running smooth!
:rolleyes:

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
42,091 Posts
Keith said:
I have bought some stuff from PIG. Never had a problem, and it arrives before I expect it to. (Oh yeah, I love the UPS e-mail notification he uses too)

Stuff happens. I work for a much larger company than Poly. We ship more in a day than he does in a week. If he has a 2% oops rate that is damn good.

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keith said:
I have ordered several things in the past with no problems whatsoever, which is why I keep going back. Also, probably the biggest reason I go to Dave is the fact that I called him from a junkyard one day, not remembering what year Waggys D44 small bearing spindles came on, and he LOOKED IT UP FOR ME!(been wrenchin for 3 full days straight trying to get my shit back together and my brain was fried) Name another vendor who will do that, not knowing me from the homeless dude on the corner. He knew I was in a pinch and helped me out, which is greatly appreciated.

Ary

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hope you screw up with me too, send 4 fox air shocks instead of 2 :D

Great vendor!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
sort of like the news, people don't often talk about the good chit. I've had multiple order w/ no issues at all. And, my situation above was not a 'problem'; they were out of stock on a item & found a way to get it to me anyway...... that's service in my book. :D

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Knock it off you butt hurt panzies.... :laughing:

Hey Nate.....check out Summit. I get what I order EVERY time, exactly when I expect to get it. Go figure :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Keith said:
Knock it off you butt hurt panzies.... :laughing:

Hey Nate.....check out Summit. I get what I order EVERY time, exactly when I expect to get it. Go figure :flipoff2:
Despite the axe you are trying to grind here, Keith, it's not that hard to figger out ...
Many outfits the size of Summit have huge, newest technology multi-mega buck, triple redundant scan and check shipping setups that cost more than the gross sales of most small businesses.

I buy from Summit ... but I try and do as much business with smaller outfits (like my own) as I can, especially if they are members of this board and provide as good of earnest, personal service as they do.
I could have gone with Warn and Summit recently but I instead ordered a hub flange kit and a hood pin kit from the guys at Poly.
Good products, good service ... and good business in my mind.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Allright you guys....I was razzing :flipoff2:
I got my Superiors through Dave, he hand delivered them. Neeeenuuurrrr Neeeeenuuuurrrr :laughing:

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Dave is the one who really made me feel confident about building my own link suspension. He spent quite abit of time with me working out the details. He even got me back on to this site by sending me links to suspension threads. You can't get that kind of service from the big guys.... Keep it up Dave, looking forward to seeing you at your place next Saturday.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
:fj: is the WO-MAN :flipoff2:

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Keith said:
Allright you guys....I was razzing :flipoff2:
I got my Superiors through Dave, he hand delivered them. Neeeenuuurrrr Neeeeenuuuurrrr :laughing:

Keith your a *** :D :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts