Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what pinion angle dose it stopping lubbing the pinion and things start to go wrong?( bergins start to spin in housings ,or wearing out fast.) I have heard that if you move the pinion up too high this can happen .Thanks for all help.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
well after 15 degree's it becomes a factor- run a longer vent tube - and over fill it- and it should be good- oh yeh run synthetic- Jesse:D

·
Registered
190 Posts
I agree, 15 degrees is the cut off point. FYI, this is only a factor at slow speeds. At highway speeds the ring gear should throw enough oil to lube the pinion. Over filling is an option, but has its limitations also. Once the oil level goes higher than the axle tubes, then leaks also become a possibility. The axle seals are not meant to be bathed in oil, but sometimes do a good job.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
my rear has a real steep angle.. I just back the sucker up on a steep incline so i can get more fluid in. It will sling some out the breather tube for a spell. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Pinion Angle

A hill works. Actually if you can hit five MPH (+/-) for brief periods that will do it. Have fun, summer and big rocks are almost here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts