Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got Randy's pinion brake setup for my buggy with wilwood master cylinders. One for the front and one for the rear. Both are a 1" bore and my lines are 3/16". Everything is hardlined except for a short 10" rubber line at the control arms for flex down to the caliper. My pedal is very stiff and the brakes don't seem to be holding well. Do I need to change line size or bore size in the master cylinders to get more feel because I have to put everything I got on the pedals to slow down and they don't move very much at all. I have a locker up front so I know both tires won't brake everytime, I know pinion brakes are not ideal compared to wheel brakes, It doesn't seem like the calipers are compressing like they should. BTW the rig is 7,000lbs got it on the scale today.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
50 Posts
master cyl

I've seen somewhere in the rockwell threads that the S-10 master cylinder makes these pinion brakes have more feel. don't have mine together yet though...

·
Registered
300 Posts
master cyclinder bore is too large.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
1" MC is a good choice for 2 calipers... not one. I'd drop down on bore size a lot, maybe 3/4"..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts