Welcome to the Tech Garage! Here you will find:
- The world-famous BillaVista Tech Articles
- Technical product reviews based on real tech and facts
- A wealth of technical reference documents, charts, and tables
BillaVista's Tech Based Product Reviews
BillaVista's Data Mine
|BillaVista's list of "Must Read" technical and fabrication books / references||Billa Vista's HUGE collection of Technical and 4x4 related .PDF files|
|(you need |
Billa Vista's Tech Articles
** Important note. Most of the tech articles are large and with many pictures. **
Fastener Tech - In this monster article Billa Vista covers all aspects of fastener tech, including answering the following questions:
- Should I use Grade 5 or Grade 8 bolts?
- Should I use a bolt or a stud? What's the difference?
- Lockwasher, castelated nut, or Nylock nut - which works better and why?
- What's the proper method for setting and checking torque?
Fixing a sloppy shifter. A quick and dirty little article about fixing the notorious SM465 sloppy shifter problem. Worth a look for other manual tranny owners too, as the fix will likely work for other models too.
Best of all - it showcases the incredible talent of my new graphic/technical artist, Lonny Handwork.
Check out the full size pic of the 3D cutaway of the Sm465 shift tower - amazing!!
Inside the Dana 20. Part 2 of project "Uber-20", this is a combined tech article / product review showing every single step of the teardown and re-assembly of a Jeep Dana20 transfer case with the Tera Manufacturing Low20 3.15:1 low range kit.
Also includes some calculations and discussion on available gear "ratio stepping" - a concept of great interest to all - regardless of which transfer case you run.