Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So small safes that are intended to hold 1-2 hand guns.
The safe itself should be securable, either by srewing/bolting to the florr/wall/furniture, or via cable.

What do you use, what do you like, what have you had problems with?

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the first one I got.
http://www.americasafes.com/FrontOpenSecureVault.html#WIDTH: 123px; HEIGHT: 109px

Takes 4 AA batteries. Has 4 push buttons on the top for the combo, you can set your own combo.

Its inexpensive, has key back up.
its bit too tall, wont fit under my bed.
The door is spring loaded, and now the spring pressure prevents the latch from lifting.
Even with brand new batteries.

So now its basically a key box.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
I made a couple hidden safes from 3/8 steel plate welded together after being lagbolted inside of wall studs...

one is in the floor of an upstairs room and cannot be seen unless you move a rug...holds 12 rifles laying vertical.

the other is upright in a downstairs wall and can be accessed only from my closet:)shaking:)...this has a couple small FA and some pistols...

there are several crates of ammo in every closet in my house(5BR) along with other guns secured with plastic coated steel cable, locked to a ring lagbolted to the concrete floor...

then there are other guns that are on top of the mirror over the dresser, on the top shelf of the closet, under the mattress, in the towel closet in the bathroom, in the freezer, etc...

I know, I know, I prolly have too many guns here and need to move some of them to the secure location....

·
Registered
898 Posts
I made a couple hidden safes from 3/8 steel plate welded together after being lagbolted inside of wall studs...

one is in the floor of an upstairs room and cannot be seen unless you move a rug...holds 12 rifles laying vertical.
what/how did you use for a 'lock' on this?

--B

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have the Gun Vault Bio, and I don't think I would recommend it. It is good for my wife because she won’t have to remember a combo in a stressed environment, but I would prefer a four button combo over the fingerprint recognition. My main complaints with the fingerprint recognition are that there are audible tones and a time delay, two things I don't want in a defense situation. I only use it to hold my carry pistol, so my daughter can't access it while I'm at work or in bed.

·
Registered
75 Posts

the other is upright in a downstairs wall and can be accessed only from my closet:)shaking:)...this has a couple small FA and some pistols...
Interested in knowing some more information/specs on these.....:smokin:

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
upstairs has no locks, but could easily have some, it is hidden and unless you know WHERE to look, you prolly won't find it.

the one in the closet has TWO locks that use double sided keys...I bought the locks at Lowes for a bout $50 for the set. you have to slide clothes on hangers to see/get to it, but it works.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts