Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved this email from a friend. Not sure of the story behind it, but it looks like someone was tired of it.:shaking:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Yikes! Haven't seen that one before. That chip in the slide looks blown out from the inside. Could have been a squib round followed by a regular cartridge sending chamber pressures to the roof.

·
Registered
16,113 Posts
why would the trigger guard be broken then?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just talked to my buddy. The pistols demise was from a 300 ultra mag at 100 yards. He went on to say that it belonged to a friend of his (I know a friend of a friend of a friend)
But anyhow he had had nothing but trouble with the pistol. Wouldnt feed more than 3 rounds without jamming, had it to a gunsmith who couldn't do anything with it. Didin't want to sell it and pass their troubles on to someone else, which I agree with, so they decided to destroy it.
I dont know if that was the best decision, but at this point, that doesn't matter

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Is that a Hi-Point POS?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cant tell, you can see a name, but I cant make it out

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
it WAS Bryco Arms, known for feed issues, but they CAN be resolved. I have reworked several and made them reliable with FMJ ONLY...

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I'm still guessing they are in the $150-200 range.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I enlarged the picture and made out the name BRYCO on the side of it. Here is what wikipedia had to say about it

Bryco Arms was a firearm manufacturing company based at various times in Carson City, Nevada, Irvine, California, and Costa Mesa, California. The company's most famous product was the Bryco Arms Model 38 semi-automatic pistol, available in both 32 ACP and 380 ACP calibers (also known as the P-38). The company was owned by Bruce Jennings.

Jennings Firearms was another brand name for the company's products, having been started in 1978 by Bruce Jennings as an earlier incarnation of what became Bryco Arms, but which also remained a recognizable brand name for Bryco Arms for many years even while Bryco Arms used its own brand name for firearms. Possibly most known for producing the both popular and yet infamous Jennings J-22 pistol in .22lr caliber.

Jimenez Arms (also known as "J.A." was started in August of 2004 by Paul Jimenez, the former plant manager of Bryco Arms. He purchased the molds and machinery from Bryco Arms in June of 2004 and is currently making four models of the firearms. They are now operating in Henderson

1 - 15 of 15 Posts