Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
On the front home page here, there is a review of Pitbull tires, it may not be the exact one you want but it might give you an idea of how they perform, sidewall strength etc.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link,but that was there mud terain tire.I want the rock tire.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Fordtrucks said:
?????
i dont understand??

nothing to understand....... I deleted his comments as they do not apply to your question. back on topic.....give it some time and you will get replies from people who actually spent their own money on what you are considering buying and give you their opinion.

camo

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Fordtrucks said:
Has anybody tried these tires?I was lookin at buying a set but wanted oppinions first.

http://www.pitbulltires.com/rocker.php
Dennie Mann in your own town there runs them and sells them and likes them a lot. There is a thread a week about them. Do a search and you will get lots of poop.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wngrog said:
Dennie Mann in your own town there runs them and sells them and likes them a lot. There is a thread a week about them. Do a search and you will get lots of poop.

Is he the owner of ..ON THE ROCKS OFFROAD?If so I tried to get a # to call him about a price and no luck.I was interested in the 37s.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I've got a set of 37 13.5 17's on my TJ. With just over 2,000 miles on them they are showing very little wear. On the highway I think they are a little quieter than my old 33" bias TSL's but that may be a tire size issues. Wet roads they seem to work just fine.

I havn't had them in the rocks yet but have been on 5 snow runs. As for snow I like them A LOT. They seemed to work better than similar size (35") MTR's, BFG's and an off brand tire used by others in our group. I ran my rig into a snow bank and spun the tires intentionally for quite some time trying to get stuck. I think I might have been able to back out but my stock TJ steering box dosn't seem to like bound up 37's too much.

Havn't seen too much mud with them....mud sucks. I drive my rig to work at times and being in construction durring the winter our parking area arn't always 2wd friendly depending on where you go. Playing around in the slop the Rockers seem to clean quick. It's not nasty clay by any means and certainly not a bottomless pit but it got booring quick.

Some people have mentioned issues with bead retention. I havn't had that issue yet though so far I havn't aired down below 6lbs. Search "if you can" there are actually a few posts about the Rockers already with some good info.

Pics of a couple snow runs are here..

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/micke...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/micke....photos.yahoo.com/ph/mickeymicrotus/my_photos

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
We sell them at the shop I work at and I can honestly say they are awesome. If they made a 44 or bigger I would own a set. I have wheeled a few customers rigs with them on it and they are one of the best rock tires ive ever been on. They kind of act like Iroks but better traction on muddy rock. The owner of the shop has a TJ on 39.5s and he can drive it 65 mph no problem with very little vib on unbalanced tires. I cant say that about my 42" TSLs. They seem to be wearing very even and pretty well for as agressive as they are. I dont think they would be the top mud tire choice, leave that to a TSL or Bogger, but if you do general trail runs or rock this is a great tire.

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
What kind of prices are these tires going for??

I haven't been able to find a whole lot of prices on the web, and few shops "in the area" sell or can get them.

Specificaly 36 and 39.5 sizes, 16.5" rim if we want to get picky :D

Just some "ball park" budget prices.... or better yet, what kind of "buddy deals" should I look for.

thanks
-mark

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the help guys.I think ill buy a set.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Fordtrucks said:
Thanks for the help guys.I think ill buy a set.
make sure to report back with pics how you like them and what conitions they work well and the ones they don't

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
camo said:
nothing to understand....... I deleted his comments as they do not apply to your question. back on topic.....give it some time and you will get replies from people who actually spent their own money on what you are considering buying and give you their opinion.

camo
Holy shit that is the pot calling the kettle black...

I know of two people that have the Rockers. One has run Iroks and will never go back.

I am just waiting for them to come out in a 44" tire :D

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Jason M said:
Holy shit that is the pot calling the kettle black...

I know of two people that have the Rockers. One has run Iroks and will never go back.

I am just waiting for them to come out in a 44" tire :D
no actually it is telling our competion website to get the fawk off our board and quit posting links to his site to answer everybodys question......It is called traffic redirects to build his customer traffic. I.E. stealling traffic and he is no longer alowwed to do it. had nothing to do with the pitbull tire company or fordtrucks question.

I have helped one of the mags do some pitbull tire testing and I was fairly impressed but don't have enuff time wheeling them to make a full judjment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts