Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a hard time pressing the pitman arm insert out and was seeing if there is a easyer way to get it out. Could you touch it out?????????:confused: :confused:

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,010 Posts
nomayota said:
I have been having a hard time pressing the pitman arm insert out and was seeing if there is a easyer way to get it out. Could you touch it out?????????:confused: :confused:

Not sure what you are asking... Are you saying you got a pitman arm insert from some aftermarket manufacturer, pressed it in, and now are unable to press it back out? :confused:

Please clarify...

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Are you trying to remove a pressed insert to get a different taper or trying to get the stock stud out so you can put the tapered insert in? :confused:

If trying to remove the stock stud you have to grind off the cap on the top and the stud will just fall out...no pressing involved.

If trying to remove a previously pressed insert are you sure it wasn't tack welded in? To go to a Chevy taper you can just ream the existing insert if it's in that tight.

·
Registered
695 Posts
A torch works wonders! I just smacked my stud out with a BFH and then pressed the insert in. A little heat with the torch and the insert presses in nicely.

To remove it, heat the outside of the pitman arm where the insert is and then press it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts