Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to ream my cj pitman arm for GM tierod ends, but the stock arm doesnt seem to be wide enough. There would only be about a 1/4 inch of material left on each side after that,is this strong enough or does someone make a beefier arm.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just get a waggy Pitman Arm, I believe it is already reamed for 2027R TRE and is pretty beefy, and cheap at the junk yards.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
agreed I run the waggy arm and it works great

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it the same length as the cj arm? I moved my axle forward 3 inches and did crossover high steer on it. I then had to move the box forward 5 inches so now trying to keep the arm about the same length for clearance issues.

·
Registered
95 Posts
also agree, runnin the waggie arm on my XJ along with all the rest of waggie steering and its much beefier compared to crap stock

·
Registered
157 Posts
??

so will the waggy arm fit a stock YJ box and a 2027R TRE without any machining??? I've got a dropped YJ arm on it now, reamed for a 2027R, set up w/ high steer crossover on a HP44, and my TRE, on the pitman arm end of the drag link, is hitting the tie rod, hard. I was going to get a stock YJ arm, or a waggy arm, reamed for the 2027R, but if a waggy will bolt right up....:rolleyes:

Anybody know for sure???

thanks

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Re: ??

Blue92YJ said:
so will the waggy arm fit a stock YJ box and a 2027R TRE without any machining??? I've got a dropped YJ arm on it now, reamed for a 2027R, set up w/ high steer crossover on a HP44, and my TRE, on the pitman arm end of the drag link, is hitting the tie rod, hard. I was going to get a stock YJ arm, or a waggy arm, reamed for the 2027R, but if a waggy will bolt right up....:rolleyes:

Anybody know for sure???

thanks
A waggy arm in stock form will not accept a 2026 or 2027- the tre taper is too large.

·
Registered
16,673 Posts
Re: Re: ??

Aggro said:

A waggy arm in stock form will not accept a 2026 or 2027- the tre taper is too large.
Yep, and the arm is a little longer than a CJ and has a ~13/16" drop built in.

Bryan

·
Registered
823 Posts
another tidbit: BDS waggy drop pitman is 6.5" long with 2" of drop. This makes it a little shorter than stock waggy, but longer than stock tj/yj. $50-60

·
Registered
16,673 Posts
eb88 said:
another tidbit: BDS waggy drop pitman is 6.5" long with 2" of drop. This makes it a little shorter than stock waggy, but longer than stock tj/yj. $50-60
Can you get pre-tapered for the bigger TREs? That would be cool.

Bryan

·
Registered
823 Posts
well i thought all waggy pitmans were designed for the 7/8 tre?

is this not correct?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Recently went to full high steer on my TJ D44 front axle. Pulled a Waggy stock PA out of a salvage yard and had to ream it to accept the Chevy 1 ton TRE's. I believe the ream was 1.5" per foot. Wouldn't fit unless I reamed it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts