Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 753 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
not sure what to really call this yet but plan b seems fitting for the moment

with knowing how long its going to build my buggy right the first time I knew I wouldn't be wheeling this year and it was starting to get to me. sure its fun to go out and ride bitch but its never the same so been looking for a cheap ride to hold me over. found this gem as price was right and it drove on the trailer no problem

1993 F250 with a 351 and c6. thing is beat and needs some love but price was right as motor sounds good and that's all im really after. with this build I know I want a full cab with glass and doors as want to winter wheel it. will ditch the box and cut the frame right down get a sub 120 wheel base. 3link front with air shocks and rear will be leaf sprung, lots of cutting and my 44s then party time.

will be budget rig and hope for a fast build as want to wheel this this summer and winter as I build the buggy so I can take my time and build it right

now pics

and hope to look something like this when im done

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
got the truck in the shop, box off and frame striped today

found this and some other ghetto fixes on the truck

rear bumper with bumpers that was welded to the frame

this week I plan on getting the rear diff striped of all the crap and ready to go back in, also make up my wind on what I want for wheel base so can cut the frame down

·
Premium Member
29,407 Posts
nice :grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Looking forward to watching this.

What're your plans for the leaf rear? Simple shackle flip and traction bar?

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking forward to watching this.

What're your plans for the leaf rear? Simple shackle flip and traction bar?
was thinking of just putting them under the frame but worried will give me to much lift. so yes plan is just do a shackle flip in the back with stock brackets and i have a set of belltech shackles from when i lowered my F150. have a traction bar left over from the truggy build so can use it if its needed

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
You never mentioned which front axle? I assume dana 60,but what year? A super dirty axle would be tits for strength and cheap (at least around me )
Looks good so far, i think the frame is going to be fine with fish plates. You cutting anything out of the rear to help departure angle?

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You never mentioned which front axle? I assume dana 60,but what year? A super dirty axle would be tits for strength and cheap (at least around me )
Looks good so far, i think the frame is going to be fine with fish plates. You cutting anything out of the rear to help departure angle?
going to use my 79 HP60 with 4.10 and chromos with high steer and full hydro.

was looking at the back of the frame tonight an only think i can cut a few inches off as was thinking of just putting the rear tank back in the stock spot. makes life easy for mounting it and doesnt hang down but wont let me cut the frame flush with the rear leaf hangers.

·
Registered
736 Posts
makes me wish I had kept my 4x4 and just removed the damaged body.. plus replacing the parts of the engine that drowned..

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
What are you doing for a bed?

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
going to use my 79 HP60 with 4.10 and chromos with high steer and full hydro.

was looking at the back of the frame tonight an only think i can cut a few inches off as was thinking of just putting the rear tank back in the stock spot. makes life easy for mounting it and doesnt hang down but wont let me cut the frame flush with the rear leaf hangers.
Well that axle will do the trick.
Good plan on the stock mounted tank in the rear, that would trump cutting the rear out just for ease of install and building it quickly. Looking forward to the finished product.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
tonight was just one of them nights where nothing worked in my favor and got nothing really done. was short some hardware for putting the spring hangers back on, found a hole in the rear fuel tank so have to buy a new one, and couldn't get the left springs bushings out. so will try again tomorrow and hope for some better luck.

pic of the fish plate and front spring hanger on even if missing 2 bolts per side

rear is new stock hangers just flipped and using some belltech shackles I had from when I lowered my F150. can also see how much frame is past the hanger and rear crossmember so not much to gain from cutting it off

got one spring pack torn down and painted but will need to replace the bushings

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I would have moved the springs under the frame for simplicity and added flex. Stability can be argued here...yes. Sure it will be fine though.

1 - 20 of 753 Posts