Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... title kinda says it. id like to go tomorrow but i dont know how to get there. im comming from the bay area, any near address or good directions would be great

also, anyone else going to be there, planning on starting the trail @ about 9:00- 10:00

thanks, Gary

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive done the trail a couple of times... ive just never driven there(my dad always took me) :) yea still very unfamiliar with it though

just post up if anyones going or if you want to meet up, were trying to start the trail @10:00, you can call me 925 519 5547

thanks, Gary

·
1,848 Posts
There has got to be other people to hook up with! A beautiful weekend and a clear trail.

I will be thinking of you Monday (but not much) as I sit on top of Half Dome in Yosemite eating a powerbar and celebrating my 53rd birthday!:grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
I'm heading out there tomorrow, but I'm leaving colfax at 7am. If you have a cb, we'll be on ch 10

·
Registered
794 Posts
Gary, I just left you a voicemail. I am leaving San Ramon Tomm. at about 6 am and will be entering in from Cisco Grove. Welcome to join us! let me know.
Thanks.
Harold.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Right on man. Are you towing your rig up there? I will be towing mine with a dark gray super duty.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There is a group going to be on the trail for a fathers day weekend run. Hopefully you can find them so you are not alone out there.:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just came out on Friday. Wife and i went to the half way mark on Wednesday. Trail was great! Both ways! Wouldn't do the last half by our selfs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Gary, might be able to join you tomorrow; let me know if you are still on and where you will be meeting. I would be coming from Truckee. Thanks, Jim 760-504-1440.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
how was the water crossings and any pics
The crossings were low. I drove straight across the first crossing and it just got to the top of my 40's. My dad took pictures I'll see what he got. When I was unloading the Jeep Justin saw I had a broken cap on my axle shaft u-joint. So I unlocked that hub and ran the trail mostly in 2wd and used my ARB to lock in the driver’s side when I had to. Never needed any help, it was a great weekend.:D

·
809 Posts
I went up Sat AM with my girls 8yrs and 5 yrs old came home sun pm trail was great kids loved it. gonna do it again next dads day with the kiddos. Did anyone else take thier littlins?

Jimmy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sunday Run

Entered the trail from Cisco Grove on Sunday and went through to Meadow Lake. Great run with lots of traffic. Continued on through to Highway 89 and back to Truckee. Weather was perfect. Saw several rigs being strapped out due to various types of damage. Water was low in all the crossings; the winch hills were in great condition! :shaking: Look forward to running it again. Would post a couple of pics but haven't figured that our on Pirates. :(

·
Registered
794 Posts
So how was it Harold?
YO! Whats up man? It was a blast! Winch hill #3 is always where the fun is and this time was no different. I tried for about 15-20 minutes to climb the face- the line to the left of the squeeze rock. I had my front end come up multipe times and thought for sure I was going over backwards. Felt kinda like backdoor @ the hammers! :D
Wheny are you guys going out again? I would like to join you- it was great wheelin with you at the hammers. What did you think of the DVD I sent you?
Good stuff?

Anyone else up at Fordyce this past weekend have any vids or pics of people trying to climb winch hill#3? I had the Green trailwize TJ on Mogs and 40" boggers. Great wheelin with everyone and hopefully everyone made it out ok?
Thanks!
Harold.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
rckratz- yup. thats the one. Thanks for the vids! I studied those many times before I made my first "attempt" last year. Good stuff! Never seen anyone else go "down" the face. Must be amazing to see in person!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts