Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TD Pak Master 38XL. It was working fine, and for some reason it just stopped arcing. The air comes on, and when a hit the trigger, the machine clicks like everything is working OK. I'm new to these, but this is what I've tried:

Check the ground, checked the ground, checked the ground
Checked the ground wire inside the machine
I changed out the consumables
Checked the glass fuse inside the machine
Tried on both 110 and 220 power types
Disassembled the torch head to check for broken wires
Checked inside the machine for any broken/charred wires

The torch will not even strike on the work lead... It is acting like a grounding problem. The shield cup maybe - it is the only piece not changed.

I'm hoping it is something easy that I am overlooking. I'd rather fix it myself than take it in for Praxair to repair. Any help that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Billy

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
First step would be to call T-D's tech service department. They have a bunch of techs that sit at their phones every day....and likley have heard your exact symptoms a few dozen times. They will help you fix it...or will steer you in the right direction to get it repaired. Have your serial number, model number and let them know every symptom.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
If you are in Cold temps and the plasma is in below freezing temps

I have had the moisture in the air Freeze the torch safety switch.

But I would call Tech Support For some reason they seem busier then the other people up that way

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help and advice. Tech support gave me some items to check out. I appreciate the help. I will follow up with what I find this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts