Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into making some products for the FJ55 out of plastic. I am not sure of the exact materials, kind of depends on the application, but it looks like the sky is the limit. Don't know how many are going to become real, just wanted to get some feedback.

Snorkel
Door Panels
Half-Doors
Hoods
Tunnels
Fender Flares
Storage boxes

If you could build it, what would it be?
If you could buy it, would you?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Count me in

·
Registered
173 Posts
door panels!

also cargo panels, if they're tough.

Nial
'77 FJ55

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
glovebox compartment, plastic versions of OE side mirrors, some kind of insert where everyone is missing their factory ashtray!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By cargo panels are you talking about the panels in the rear? I am thinking about those as well with built in storage. Maybe drawers or tip out style bins. On the door panels I would like to incorporate some sort of external pockets and possible internal pockets for those that half doors or doors with no guts in them.

Front fenders. So I am not the only one with mashed fenders. I will check it out.

On the panels, would you be wanting to paint them or just buy a specific base color.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
65SWB45 said:
glovebox compartment, plastic versions of OE side mirrors, some kind of insert where everyone is missing their factory ashtray!
Thanks. Missing ashtray's. I could have made a fortune. My rig came with all of them. Chucked them when I made my door panels.

I like the mirror idea.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd be interested in door/cargo panels...probably just a base grey/black would fit the bill....

Tucker

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I'd go with a FJ55 specific snorkle, and cargo area panels in a durable plastic that mimic visible aspect of the factory vinyl and cardboard ones. Something simple like the repro FJ40 plastic door panels, but maybe just have it held in place with double sided tape. I dont think I have taken my panels off but once.

Factory ashtrays? They were on the doors on most later ones(grab them from early Toyota cars in the junkyards-theyre the same on lots of cars and passenger sides are always cleaner than the DS ones), and early ones had the pull out style under the dash below the radio hole. If you are talking the plastic tray that can occupy the radio hole, its just like the FJ60 ones-not an ashtray, Sherpa has one in his rig.

·
Registered
556 Posts
snorkel cool, door panels sweet...I'm good with ashtrays! ;) half door really sweet,

good front repo fender...NICE...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. Any interest in an insulated plastic headliner. Could have built in lighting and overhead consoles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
How about some poly rear window channels for the upper half of the window opening?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Dash pad cover and glove box door and speedo panel cover. Headliner sounds great.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
DavidW said:
Dash pad cover and glove box door and speedo panel cover. Headliner sounds great.
While not cheap, you can get repro speedo cluster and glove box pads. Early dashes no luck, but late ones are availible repro.

·
Registered
692 Posts
How about some insulated plastic panels to replace the insulated fabric on the interior of the firewall and the panels on either side of the driver and passenger floorboards?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Window channels. I hadn't thought of that, but I like it. I like the kick panel idea as well. Thanks for the input fellas.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Berg said:
what he said ...can you make them like this? = stealth
I don't have TOP SECRET clearance, but I could give it a shot. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts