Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1982 XR200R that has been sitting outside for a few years. All of the plastic fenders, side panels and gas tank have turned white from the sun. Besides buying new crap does anyone know of a way to restore it back to red?????:rolleyes:

·
Discount!
4,540 Posts
I had an 82 XR200 as well and I could'nt find anyone that sells new plastics for it, so I used a very dull scotch brite pad (3M), and just scrubbed away!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Have you tried to find motorcycle salvage yards? They might have some red fenders or ????? Try a search for online motorcycle junk.

Just an idea.

Jimmy :beer: :usa:

·
Discount!
4,540 Posts
Yeah I did find new fenders, but they were not exact matches, but it was the side covers and headlight cover that I could'nt find.

·
Registered
435 Posts
You're in Roseville. Try Cycle Recyclers in Chico, 530-546-6621, they've helped me quite a bit with stuff like this, and will ship to your door.

John

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
hey jeff or david, either one of you guys interested in trading your bike for a fishing boat????? ~16 foot fiberglass with 55 horse, fish finder......oldy but a goody..(boogerweldz on jiggs computer)...

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I don't know if your plastic is too messed up for this or not, but I use WD40 to bring back that glossy look the the plastic. Of course it washes off after a while. It is worth a try.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Use a rag and rub it with starting fluid, sometimes it will bring back the color.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts