Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes i searched! Could someone please post pics / explain how they did their throttle cable? This is on an '80 4x4 20r, and i think its a 32/36. No need to tell me Webers suck off-road, I'm only borrowing the carb untill i finish building a 22r to replace the worn out 20R.The old carb was wasted. Thanks, Kyle

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I love my weber, it's way better then that POS Aisin carb that I had. Just get a fuel pressure regulator and run it at about 2.5 PSI. I'll take some pics tomorrow of my setup if you need me to.

Sam

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll take some pics tomorrow of my setup if you need me to.

Sam [/B][/QUOTE]

That would be great, thats all i got left to get this thing on the road.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
When I put a weber on my 22R, I pulled the cable wheel actuator off the stock carb and put it on the Weber.. worked for me :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DRM said:
When I put a weber on my 22R, I pulled the cable wheel actuator off the stock carb and put it on the Weber.. worked for me :)
Yeah, I thought about that. But, I didnt want to cut/bend the piece on the carb that the cable hooks to (part of it is in the way), untill i had seen some other ideas. Also was wondering about the cable bracket placement or fabrication. I'm not 100% certain if the motor it came off of still had the stock cable bracket or not, but i know the cable was missing!:mad:

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
72rockcruiser said:

Yeah, I thought about that. But, I didnt want to cut/bend the piece on the carb that the cable hooks to (part of it is in the way), untill i had seen some other ideas. Also was wondering about the cable bracket placement or fabrication. I'm not 100% certain if the motor it came off of still had the stock cable bracket or not, but i know the cable was missing!:mad:
Like I said - this was on a 22R so it may be a little different... but the linkage wheel moved over no trouble, and I used a piece of flat stock to move the stock cable bracket over some to clear...

These may not be any help, but they are all I have from my swap...

Loks like the stock cable came across the valve cover in the stock location though, and you can see part of the cable wheel...

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
72rockcruiser said:
Where did the flat stock go?:confused:
Good question... I am trying to work off of memory here, so I may be wrong, but I coulda sworn I used some flat stock to relocate the throttle cable somwhere off the manifold or cover :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts