Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am having a hard time finding a good way to run my air intake for my 4.8 Vortec. I am trying use the tauras fan with a aluminum rad. I don't have a hole lot of room between the intake and the fan. I bought the stock intake off of the truck and that will work great with my rad hoses but can not use the tauras fan.

I am looking for some pics for some ideas on what to do with this. I hate the little shit man, it,s driving me crazy!

Anyway I would appreciate any help you have to offer!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
JeepFarm said:
Hey guys,

I am having a hard time finding a good way to run my air intake for my 4.8 Vortec. I am trying use the tauras fan with a aluminum rad. I don't have a hole lot of room between the intake and the fan. I bought the stock intake off of the truck and that will work great with my rad hoses but can not use the tauras fan.

I am looking for some pics for some ideas on what to do with this. I hate the little shit man, it,s driving me crazy!

Anyway I would appreciate any help you have to offer!
I run a flexlite fan in front of the rad - fits like a glove

·
Registered
809 Posts
JTR sells what you need: 2 90 degree fittings and some aluminum tubing. 90 off the intake to the passenger side, then 90 back towards the battery with a big K&N and the MAF right there. One little bracket to support the MAF and the K&N is all you have to fab.

·
Registered
145 Posts
BlueJeep said:
JTR sells what you need: 2 90 degree fittings and some aluminum tubing. 90 off the intake to the passenger side, then 90 back towards the battery with a big K&N and the MAF right there. One little bracket to support the MAF and the K&N is all you have to fab.
This is the setup that bluejeep is referring to:

If I remember correctly, that is 4" diameter tubing that I got from "Jags That Run", but it was not cheap. The MAF sensor fits that rubber tubing perfectly. JTR also sells the matching aluminum tubing you see in that pic. FYI I used a Granatelli MAF that is supposed to be tailored for cold air intake applications due to additional air turbulence, supposedly OEM or standard replacement MAF's are adversely affected by open element filters. Good luck.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your replys,

So VortecYJ, Do you have an electric fan on the inside of your rad (puller)?

It doesn't look like I have as much room between the intake and the rad as you. If posible can you guys post some of you links to the sites that your parts came from. It would save me sometime on the PC!

Also VortecYJ, I also used the CoolFlex hoses they are pretty sweet eh! What sizes did you use for the top and bottom hoses. I used the 12" for the bottom and 24" for the top. I wish I would have bought the 36" length of hose for the top. It would be alot easier to run the intake tube if it was a little longer. It is pretty snug in there and does not leave much room for to much.

Thanks Jay

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am using a SPAL fan, 16000 cfm? not sure on the specs. The Coolflex hose was trashed a while back, as I had to swap out the radiator in that pic, and went with a BeCool aluminum with different sized ports. With the heat and humidity here (92, 98+ heat index) it still runs at ~205 degrees, although my trans is heating up to 180+ sometimes.... still haven't figured that one out yet.

We placed the motor as far back as we could, so there is quite a bit of room up there (obviously without the radiator in yet:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts