Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I had been using my brother in law’s YETI for mock up. Scored one yesterday on FB marketplace for the price I’m willing to pay for a beer cooler. It has a bottle opener already on it. Also had the prefect additions to it.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Did you decide to stretch yours yet?
My new YJ is already linked but stock wheelbase. The previous owner gave me a set of Genright extended aluminum corners so I want to link it but that means I will need to relocate the upper shock mounts which are frenched into the frame so I'm not sure the best way to extend it.

Hurry up and finish yours, will ya.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My new YJ is already linked but stock wheelbase. The previous owner gave me a set of Genright extended aluminum corners so I want to link it but that means I will need to relocate the upper shock mounts which are frenched into the frame so I'm not sure the best way to extend it.

Hurry up and finish yours, will ya.
I'm working as fast as my toddler will let me. :D I have a new deadline too: we're having another kid in June. I feel like if I don't get it done before then, it'll be years before I do.

Oh and cut your frame in front of the shock mount, duh. :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Got some movement yesterday. Put a coat of epoxi primer and 2 coats of Lizard skin ceramic. Going to let it cure til Monday then put some spray in bed liner over it.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Qwik liner down. Starting putting the console and shifters back in so I can move it around until the cage gets back from powder.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
The cage came back from powder. I chose a silver that matched the steel-it painted bumpers and flares. Apparently silver powder will stain if it is not clear coated. So we cleared it as well. Unfortunately the clear coat completely changed the tone and brilliance of the silver and it did not match. Don’t get me wrong it looked good, but I didn’t want a hodge podge of colors.

Here is a pic of the difference between the uncleared and cleared parts.

Frank at Pro-tec powder took care of no questions asked. I decided the best route was to go satin black. Which will also make touch ups easier. Just picked it back up today. Very happy with how it came out.

All loaded up in my little trailer.

Tomorrow I am going to get as much of the interior put back together as I can and take it home for some wiring and paint prep.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
It was a long day. None of the holes lined up. So I lady fingered it pretty good. But she is home! For now at least. I have wiring and a few other things to take care of before paint.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Got the stereo system and over head lights all wired up. Running an Alpine CDE-HD149BT head unit, Alpine PDX-V4 4 channel amp, Cheap BOSS monoblock, Polk DB461P 4x6’s in the dash, Polk DB6502 6.5” Components in the wedges over head, Polk DB692 6x9’s in the rear speaker cans and dual 10” JL audio CS212RG-W3v3-2 subs. It sound amazing! Interior is back together for the final time!

101 - 120 of 122 Posts