Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
As far as ramps, what you may want to look for is a van with a hydraulic lift on the back. I rented one of these once and we were able to use the lift to pick up the front tires of a cj, then move the jeep forward until the rear tires were on the lift. It worked great and was pretty impressive when we pulled up to the trail. Nice job on the uhaul.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Ramp length shouldn't be an issue. You have a Jeep.

Nice rig tho fo sho!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks guys.

Non Urbam; I did climb in once before I got ramps.. wasn't pretty, but I made it. Ramps are better. Trail rash from a Uhaul would be embarrasing at best.

Po' riggity said:
That kicks some major azz. I love it.. Wonder if the wife would let that pass as an "RV" :D
That is actually how I sold her on it. But, she has a streak of of a red neck herself so it was not too hard a sell.

The only piece left before Tellico is a 15' roll out awning that should be in tomorrow. I was re doing the front bumper of my wife's jeep today and ended up with a spare brush guard... so as a pure form, no function mod... maybe I can hang a BBQ grill off it.

Scott

·
Registered
453 Posts
Before you put in the living quarters (or the divider for them) you could park the Jeep over the rear axle but it looks like now when you haul, a majority of the weight will be behind the axle. How does it handle?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
CTBrent said:
Before you put in the living quarters (or the divider for them) you could park the Jeep over the rear axle but it looks like now when you haul, a majority of the weight will be behind the axle. How does it handle?
When the Jeep is inside, the divider doors are open and the front wheels are in front of the truck axle, positioned on boards laid on top of the carpet. The AC and fridg. roll forward and are strapped to the work bench. Wheel chocks and winch straps secure the jeep to tie down loops.

Over 50% of the jeep's weight is in front of the truck rear axle. It handles pretty well. Not alot of difference having the Jeep in the box or not.

Scott

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
randii said:
I am *digging* on the U-haul stinger! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Awesome! :smokin:

Randii
Ditto:smokin:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
That kick's major as and so do you for building. Its about time someone steeped up and built what all of us guy think about building when we pass an used truck equempt or Uhaul along side the highway. That and it's perfect for guys's. Think of all the money you saved form the alternitave $40K tow rig $30K race car trailer of some type of beefed up toyhauler.

:idea::grinpimp:

That thing is so PIMP, It almost deserved some custom graphics/paint....I dont know I could be wrong.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Big Dan; We are going to do some graphics on it. My son put the design together, pretty simple design. Just gotta take the time to find the materials /$$etc.

rpm4x4 said:
Do you plan on driving cross counrty with this or just local.
Mike
So far only in state trips. In 15 days we will give it a true shake down trip to Tellico. Approx. 1200 mi. round trip. I was looking for an Isuzu when we happened to find this.

Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey all, im snookwheels son and co-builder of Krawler Hauler (cool dad huh?) and these are the designs he was talking about. Open to some changes but these are the basic ideas.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nice job on the rig! I want to do my own interior on a fifth wheel trailer when I can afford it.

What did the U-haul cost?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Mattmey: I get around 10.5 mpg loaded.

401ton: I got the Uhaul for 6K. I bought it from a guy who bought it in Ca. and drove it to Fl. He paid approx. 7,500 to Uhaul. The clutch was getting towards it's last leg, so I did have to put in a new clutch, pressure plate T/O bearing. Other than that, it was pretty sound.

Scott

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
JeepThrills07 said:
hey all, im snookwheels son and co-builder of Krawler Hauler (cool dad huh?) and these are the designs he was talking about. Open to some changes but these are the basic ideas.
Hey man, if you'd like i have some paint images of a jeep side veiw preatty detailed drawn up in paint format.
it aint chip foose but

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Mud Slayer 2.0 said:
Hey man, if you'd like i have some paint images of a jeep side veiw preatty detailed drawn up in paint format.
it aint chip foose but
Thanks Mud Slayer, Great job on the detail in your Jeep graphics. But we just had them made yesterday. I appreciate the offer.

Free breathing (K&N) filter and a 15 ft. roll up awning went on today. I am looking into fabbing up an under the box / frame mounted spare tire carrier and adding cable hook up. After that, it's pretty much done.

12 days to Tellico. Scott

41 - 60 of 191 Posts