Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have installed or have the Poison Spyder trail cage in a YJ, how did you modify the parking brake so it would work? I noticed today that there are no provisions for access to the pedal or release handle. ANy help would be appreciated.

Cope

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Lokar EHB-7000F handle and EC81FU cables for Wilwood brakes...I believe stock YJ cables are EC80FU.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
How come, Oklahoma? Other problems? Fitment issues? What gives?

Whose cage would you have chosen?

Asking cause I have one ordered from PS for a different Jeep, a CJ-7.

·
Registered
388 Posts
i didnt like the way it went together, mainly my down bars that are by the windshield were about a 1/2 too short, so the dash bars arent bolted into the floor like they should be, i have some metal to replace them, just havent had the time.

If i was buying a weld in sport cage id have probably gone with the Tenessee offroad one, a friend of mine bought that one and it looks a lot better then what i have. then again i would have been money ahead if i would have had one built.

ill replace the down bars and it will be good to go, still not impressed with the dash plats that attach it to the floor and the firewall, but that's life until i can have one built

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I put a YJ version in my CJ. While the down bars didn't bolt right into the cj dash, a few holes were redrilled and it was a 2 hour process of fitting everything in, and then welding it permanent. The only other mod was to the down bar feet. I have 45 degree rockers so I had to shorten the feet at an angle and make up some new plates, but other than that it was very easy to install.

I thought it was very easy, and really like the way it works. I added some additional bars that run along the door sills, and then added some bars across the floor so that I could install my Beard seats. Worked very well. It's a great kit for someone who does not have a bender, or for someone like me with no time to bend up a cage but has the ability to weld.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts