Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a client come in with a new Slingshot. When it leaves the shop it's getting sent off for a supercharger. Will be sitting on about 440hp after.

Anyway, I decided to put a DD Audio SW2508 in the passenger side storage compartment. Also ordered some aftermarket speaker pods for the front and modified them to work with some Hertz SPL Show SV 165.1 mids and ST 25 compression drivers.

Going to be loud. :laughing:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More process pics.

Building inner and outer panels for the new "door".

Attachments

·
Registered
8,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More pics.

Made a trim ring for the sub that mimics the trim around the push to start button.

Monday I'll bond the inner and outer panels together, bond the trim ring to them, then texture the piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,579 Posts
:shaking: Man every time I see one of your builds, I think back on when if you had a pair of 6x9 coaxial speakers and Sparko-matic equalizer booster you thought you had some tunes. :D

·
Registered
8,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
:shaking: Man every time I see one of your builds, I think back on when if you had a pair of 6x9 coaxial speakers and Sparko-matic equalizer booster you thought you had some tunes. :D
These days, with the way HVAC and other vehicle functions are integrated into the head unit, things are shifting from replacing the head unit to integration.

In five years things will be MUCH different. A lot more integration and fewer (less than even now) head unit installs.

Does that PVC sheet machine like MDF?
It cuts MUCH easier.

Buttah.

·
Man Child
24,724 Posts
I think those things are cool as hell. I was really shocked at how comfortable they are to sit in. I thought it wouldn't be comfy at all given all of the weather proof materials.

·
Team 261 - VP
4,866 Posts
I think those things are cool as hell. I was really shocked at how comfortable they are to sit in. I thought it wouldn't be comfy at all given all of the weather proof materials.
for sure.....kick in the pants to drive....It's on my list.

Nice build..

·
Registered
8,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Wow, talk about factory appearing. :smokin:
That was the intent. When I found out I was building one there was only one way to do it. :laughing:

Really cool. How does the texturing work?
It's SEM Texture Coat. Sprays on. Takes a little practice, but it's worth the end result.

A few pics. The last pic is the push to start button and where I pulled the idea for the subwoofer trim ring.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts