Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide what I want to do and for size. Right now I just need something to store my truck and to also be a small shop to work on vehicles/lawnmower/ etc. Said building will also store all the junk I currently have in my garage Like my zero turn, tools, ladders etc. I was thinking a 40x60 or a 30x40. Having a hard time with size so I need to look at a few of my friends and find out what size they are.

Anyway what do you guys suggest? For a steel Framed building is there anybody you recommend in the NW Ohio area. I know of K buildings locally but not sure what others there are. I know there is some manufacturers where they ship the building and you have a local crew put it up. Are the steel buildings that much more expensive than a Pole building?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Steel will be more expensive than pole, the building cost alone, plus the additional foundation that may be required.
Check into what is required in your area for a foundation, this will depend upon your codes, as well as your soils. I would talk to a good builder in your area and ask what they typically do for the foundation.
In Co I had to dig 9-20' deep cassions, and a 3'x12" wall around the perimeter of the building, I think I had around 35yds of concrete in the foundation alone.

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
are you looking to pay somebody to do it all?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I have seen one of these on a job site.

Container Covers from Shipping Containers - SteelMaster Buildings

Both open and closed in versions are out there but it is a nice cost effective option that both provides the structure, secure storage but an open floor plan for work or parking.

Personally I like the idea of the two containers and its easy enough to cut in side access doors.

Having the ability to have both non shop space storage but also lockable defined space is appealing to me but its definitely more of a out of the city option.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts