Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any stock fittment poly motor mounts for a 04 gmc Sierra 2wd 5.3. Now with a supercharged 6.0.

We have searched around but haven't found any that will fit.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe more info will help...

ProCharger, 6.0 block, Corvette Heads, Custom cam , rods, and pistons, FAST Intake, Huge Throttle body, Custom intercooler, intake piping and exhaust, EFI Live... all for a shop truck

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I never seen any poly mounts for the GMT800 trucks. Several guys have run solid mounts though. Other than that it will have to be custom.

Just get replacement stock ones, it you think you need new ones, I doubt you will brake them anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,407 Posts
Move a bit too much in what way, is the movement effecting the charge air cooler piping, connections or something?A simple torque strap sounds like its needed here..My quick 8 car runs a stupid simple 8" long sway bar end link from energy suspension to help hold the motor down..Its been holding up to 1.12 sec 60 foot times for ten years..When the bushing blows out the fix is under 20 bucks

It should be pretty easy to fab up some plate and run some poly bushings in DOM tube if its a huge issue..It would cost less than 100 bucks in parts.The frame isnt that much popular for the aftermarket to make poly mounts for..All the hunda kids are spending the cash for stuff like that nowadays..

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
The stock mounts are rubber and do wear out the truck is almost 9 years old. The shitty thing is stock replacements are $60 bucks each from gm.

You could either do as mentioned add a limit strap or take the time to remove the mounts and weld them up solid. But if you do that might as well just make poly mounts as mentioned as well.

·
Registered
769 Posts
wtf do the heads and all that other shit have to do with the mounts on the block?
Exactly what I was thinking! OP: Just make some yourself. I made these for the 6.0 in my Scout II. Just make sure your exhaust and everything else clears and you should be golden. I used UHMW and turned the bushings myself. Very solid!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know why you guys are complaining about posting other details, it got you guys to respond with a serious answer to my question.

And the customer doesn't want custom mounts, they want stock replacement, so we are just going to mold and pour our own out of polyurethane. We will also put straps on the back of the motor as a just in case.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i suppose the customer is always right.....but to me pouring one is "custom" too. fabbing up the rock tactics or similar would only happen once, then replacement bushing could be replaced easily down the road if needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts