Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I went up to the Central Coast to do some work on my TJ, and inspect some fab that Poly did on it.

They hung my new HP 44 (hey its straight) and switched the front end over to coil overs. I took the the Jeep to them with a bare housing, some brackets and let them do the rest. They exceeded my expectations.The quality of work is incredible. The welds are bitchen (and the reason I feel inadequate welding) and everything is clean.

:beer: To both Drew and Dave. If you need fab in central cal, I they are the shop. Enough talk, time for pics. Sorry most of them have bad lighting.

As soon as I find my driveshaft hardware we will get some action shots.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I would really like to see more pics of how they did the coilover mounts. It looks like they used the shock mounts instead of using their kit. What size Fox COs are they and how did they mount them? Also, what length shock is that?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Nice welds on the upper control arm mount -- still might want to gusset it though. Looks like the RE kit, which was I used:

My welds aren't as pretty, but it's plenty strong :grinpimp:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Upper2 said:
I would really like to see more pics of how they did the coilover mounts. It looks like they used the shock mounts instead of using their kit. What size Fox COs are they and how did they mount them? Also, what length shock is that?
What he said!

·
Rolling Mod
41,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jratoffroad said:
It looks like a 44 in the pic above with 30 knuckles. He must be running 30 outers to get stock lug pattern
Yes. I had to build a new housing to replace a bent small tube hp 44. For budgetary reasons the outers and superiors needed to stay. Also I didn't really want to replace 2 sets of rims by changing the bolt pattern.

Regarding the gusset of the passenger side upper, I want to gusset the whole tube at some point so that I can get my jump on without killing another housing.

The rest of the Jeep just looks like a DD TJ.

·
Rolling Mod
41,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Upper2 said:
Those are the only pics I took this weekend and they suck. Their is another post somewhere with better pics. They are 12" fox's. 1/2 of the oem shock mount is their, the rest is their new coilover kit.

·
Vendor
3,744 Posts
Thanks for the compliments FTT. That is our new TJ coil over mounting kit. It fits 12" coil overs through the fenders with a 1" BL, it includes the weld on upper mount, weld on lower mounts, cross bar and limit straps. We will also offer one soon that fits under the fenders with a 1" BL that fits 10". The kit will also let you use the stock type coil if you just want to upgrade to good shocks like a Fox or Saw 2".

Attachments

·
Rolling Mod
41,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I believe that I am running a 1000.250.150 over a 1200.250.300. (150lb/in over a 300lb/in) It may have a 250lb/in instead of a 300. The car is still on the central coast, so I cannot check easily. I put on what I had lying around with the intention of fine tuning when I get some time.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts