Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what the Fawk ?

When did this forum become the official extension of the TLCA :confused:

I know a lot of you haven't been around all that long because if you had you'd know what I'm talking about. This forum used to be really cool. It was all about extreme wheeling and modified rigs.

All of a sudden it's like the whole LCML list showed up one day and now we've got threads comparing this forum to the Toyota Trails magazine.

Now I've got nothing against the TLCA, in fact I've been a member several times over the years :rolleyes:, more not than often , I must admit. And the Toyota Trails is a good magazine but they both have their place....elsewhere.
I think it must have been way back in 1999 sometime when I dropped off the LCML cause it was BORING ! :barf:
Now it seems this forum is headed the same way :shaking:

And you all wonder why I'd post a pic of my stapled ass on your precious thread :eek:

OK ......... FLAME ON !

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I too must admit that there is ALOT more drama lately... it does get old. In the past 5 years, I have watched the Landcruiser section slowly become more harsh & dramatic. I am a proud member of TLCA, and don't consider any of the griping TLCA specific as much as "bitching"... Red stars, vendor stars, Trails, vendor bashing, etc... :(

Though, one must realize that it is like this everywhere, local forums, international forums, club forums, etc... I guess humas are just more dramatic lately?

Me... I'm a hater-hater!

:D;)

Keep on keepin' on...

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
its cause land cruisers sawk.......

whoever has one is an asshat....jk

so start some hardcore threads...

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
i would start something ....but there is no way i would run over a landcruiser.....fawk the classic chevies... :D

·
Registered
608 Posts
I know I have only been here a year and don't know what it was like several years ago. This section of Pirate is a lot more user friendly then the other section. IOt seems if you aren't an expert in the other section asking a very detailed technical answer, they bounce you to the newbie section. This section of Pirate is happy to help a fellow cruiser out with advice, etc.

I do agree about the politics and the stars and such. It was a little thick. Just thought I should comment on the positive.

Thats my opinion

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I think this forum, much like a club, evolve the way the folks that participate take it, it is by fr the most "hard core" forum I know of, along with the most comprehensive knowledge base on the web.......there are times when I wish LSLC was more like it was in the beginning.........but it grows, changes, and the membership takes it the way they want.......it's the way of the world....
Butch

·
Registered
393 Posts
Can't we all just get along?

Seems like there's plenty of interest in both TLCA and POB ... and any/all overlap between the two. I believe both are simply forms of entertainment and should be accepted as just that. Therefore, bitchin' about either one is pretty silly.

Reddog said:
This forum used to be really cool. It was all about extreme wheeling and modified rigs.
Everything is relative. "Extreme" and "modified" have different meanings to different people. Your sig line lists a '73 FJ40 and I'm assuming the link you include are pictures of the same rig. Some would argue that the rig "... has come a long way from it's original stock configuration." since it still has a complete tub and cruiser axles, while others would agree with you considering the mods that you have done. See what I mean?

I'm sure you'll continue to find some threads more entertaining/informative than others but it's important to realize that this is an open forum. Remember, if you find a thread particularly boring, you can always post-up more pictures of your stapled ass. Ain't America great?

If you don't like what's on the Tee-Vee ... change the damn channel!

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Props for starting this thread!

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that before orange45 invited me to have a look at PBB last summer, I just assumed it was the hardcore hangout you described. I don't know when things changed, but it already didn't look like your memory of it when I looked last summer, and that was 6 months before I joined! :D

What I saw was a very colorful, robust variety of interests, from guys like gunmetalcruz and medusa at one end to landpimp and cruisernerd at the other, with a lot of shades in between. There seemed to be a little something for everybody. That's why I joined. That and the opinion that I still hold that Pirate is anything but a tool of TLCA. If I had to compare them, I'd say TLCA is the home of :rainbow:; Pirate is the home of :beer: and :flipoff2:

The parallel to TT is ironic. As was pointed out in response to the thread I started, TT is shaped by those who contribute. Likewise Pirate is changing shape because the 'hardcore' people from your memory have either moved on or chosen not to post. Like TT, PBB is what the posters make it.

You can carry the torch alone, or try and contact some of those guys and get their otherwise-occupied lazy butts back on here, or hit up some new blood for your cause at the rock trials. I don't think anybody here would object to MORE ENTERTAINMENT!

And as far as the quality of the posts being sedate, IIRC, you are the most medicated person on this board! :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
65SWB45 said:
That and the opinion that I still hold that Pirate is anything but a tool of TLCA. If I had to compare them, I'd say TLCA is the home of :rainbow:; Pirate is the home of :beer: and :flipoff2:
in keeping with the whining...if tlca's gay, why are you still a member?

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
i know why don's grumpy!
some man in a white suit molested his rear and then stapled his ass-cheeks together. i'd be pissed to! :flipoff2:

alright, alright. so i did go off on the "stars" debate, but i was more than provoked. and if any forum ever invited open discussion and honest opinions, it's this one.

and yes, i'm a proud TLCA member and love TT, but they do need to be seperated from this forum. support is admirable, seperation is a requirement. and yes, for the large majority of the threads and posts, the LCML SUCKS! :flipoff2: bunch of tree huggers, poets and butt-hurt ****! :flipoff2: most of the cool guys along with a few tools have migrated here, and a lot of people still lurk on the list.

either way. we all know that then PBB rocks and the cameradery especially on this forum is awesome. we do need more wheeling and less political threads on here. so lets go wheeling and drink some beers and talk about anything and everything we want. FUCK being "politically correct"!

rant over.

PS: FC, get a cup of coffee cause i can feel the "thread killer" joining in soon!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I agree with Butch on this. The forum will go the way the members take it. If you dont like the direction change it. I am not being an ass here, as I usually am, but if you have interests then post up.

I have been guilty of the star and TLCA politics. Many of the very active TLCA members are on here so there will be TLCA stuff discussed. I dont see it going too far in either direction, yet.

Who is to define what hardcore is?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
So which one is "church" and which one is "state"? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Like many Cruisers here the forum is in transition, we should welcome all the new members and be glad we can gather in one forum and share projects and ideas rather than bitch about the flavor of the Kool Aid.

The Land Cruiser section is the tamest by far and takes newbies and attempts to educate them rather than beat them over the head for asking the "maximum tire size" question. If you want to argue, curse, and generally beat your head against the wall you can hang out over in chit chat for a few days.

Talking about TT & TLCA and being able to actually communicate with the publishers and president in the same forum allows your input when you have something to say about the direction they have taken our community.

You want HARD CORE???? then post up!

·
Discount!
4,540 Posts
define what hardcore is?
Me? ;) I could'nt agree more about all the politics and TLCA talk going on lately, I've been a bit annoyed by it. So how about everyone drinking a nice tall glass of "shut the fuck up!" and let's have some fun! Lets talk about Pismo!!!! I'm going, lets talk about Moab (easter) I'm going, lets talk about Don's ass being stapled, WTF????

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Any change will be directed from the top, in this case, Jeff. This means all chitchat threads get moved, noobie crap gets moved, etc...The threads in this section have largely bypassed the strict moderation that most of the other sections see.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I know a lot of you can't seem to find your way out of this forum, but if you want to chat about TLCA or TT stuff Woody has a place for just that. http://forum.ih8mud.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17.
Same format as here, a lot of the same people. Maybe a bit tamer, but still a great group over there too.

·
Registered
184 Posts
woody said:
Any change will be directed from the top, in this case, Jeff. This means all chitchat threads get moved, noobie crap gets moved, etc...The threads in this section have largely bypassed the strict moderation that most of the other sections see.

While this would make the BB more hard core for ya'll with the buggied out cruisers, it would make it harder for goons like my self that didnt know a SOA from a SUA on the best of days.

I've learned a ton from this forum and really enjoy most of the discussions.

The other forums seem styfiling you cannot ask a question about any thing other than the most of the extreme without getting bumped and flamed.

I must admit though, this forum has lost some of it harshness. I remember my first post that was a repost of the infamous STREETRODCRUISER and got flamed to no end.:flipoff2: Ahh the good days.

·
Registered
13,473 Posts
dog walker said:
Me? ;) I could'nt agree more about all the politics and TLCA talk going on lately, I've been a bit annoyed by it. So how about everyone drinking a nice tall glass of "shut the fuck up!" and let's have some fun! Lets talk about Pismo!!!! I'm going, lets talk about Moab (easter) I'm going, lets talk about Don's ass being stapled, WTF????
I say drop the hammer.

Move the for sale adds to where they belong, and ax any posts where people pimp their eBay shit.

Lately I've put forth a real effort to keep my chit-chat in Gen Chit-Chat. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Or flamed to hell :D :D
Im sure Jeff dont want to sort through all this shit.
We need more buildup pics and tech, not all this bullshit.
If you get your toyota trails, read it, any critique or whining, do it through email. Lets get POR back to where it was

woody said:

1 - 20 of 90 Posts