Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a good eBay deal (or thought I did...) on a deep cut Milwaukee portaband. Add said in GREAT working condition. It came in today. Pulled her out and gave her a whirl, the motor sounds pretty awful and the brushes inside are sparking pretty bad. I've seen drills spark like that with no issues but I've never had a bamdsaw do that. Also after it had been plugged up about 5 minutes I went and picked it up and it felt like I could feel the current running through me. It wasn't painful, just noticeable. I've emailed the seller but just wondering if anyone has ever had this issue

·
Registered
14 Posts
After your done dealing with the ebay dude...open it up and see how bad he fucked with it.

Look at the brushes, sounds like they're shot. The bearings might be needing some attention if it's been left out in the rain.

If the seller oiled the shit out of it to make it look like new you might be feeling some stray current.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
i'd send it back.. i have the same saw and mine works smooth and quiet. yours is for sure F&*ked up!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
WTF !!! Did Lance sell this place to namby-pamby4x4.com already or what ?!?!?!?!?

You sally's telling him to send it back, that costs more money... Open the bitch up and take a look.... I've got one that the cord is twitchy, your could be chafed and just needs to have the cord redone..

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
yager:13830643 said:
WTF !!! Did Lance sell this place to namby-pamby4x4.com already or what ?!?!?!?!?

You sally's telling him to send it back, that costs more money... Open the bitch up and take a look.... I've got one that the cord is twitchy, your could be chafed and just needs to have the cord redone..
if the ad states works great and it clearly doesn't then why not file a paypal dispute and get his $ back? and a twitchy cord is gonna make the motor sound horrible? if the seller refunds a good portion of the $ then yeah open it up. if getting what was advertised and what you paid for is namby pamby. and getting screwed by some asshole on ebay is macho. i'll be a namby pamby!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The seller is a guy who does a lot of business, I've emailed him and he has been very helpful in working with me. I gota good deal so im going to take it to my local repair place and get a quote on having it repairedby an authorized Milwaukee repair man, and sellers gonna pick up the bill :D
Nice to know there are still some stand up guys out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts