Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pictures just don't do things justice.

Suspension specs: Stockish springs, stock length shocks (which limit front travel) 36" Michelin tires. I don't think flex isn't too bad considering the suspension is basically stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
looks nice...even with that flex you will still be able to mob over just about anything....remember, it's a 55!!!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one more wheel to go!

The thing climbs pretty well. I'll get more pics from my father in a day or so if anyone's interested.

I've always been jealous of other people's trucks. I think I'm finally at that stage where my favorite truck is my own piece of shit. :D

Still much to do...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I've always been jealous of other people's trucks. I think I'm finally at that stage where my favorite truck is my own piece of shit.

bwahaha, yup i been there a while now, i love my piggy.
nic pics too, i like the rig in general.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
adapter Volvo-> Cruiser

This little chunk of steel is what took forever. The Toyota side was easy. Without taking off the flange, the Volvo was a bit more of a bitch...

Attachments

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
i'll have to admit publically that i'm not a huge fj55 fan, but that rig is sweet. not overbuilt, but very trailworthy by the looks of it!
i dig it!!!;)

·
Registered
554 Posts
hey sweet FJ55! I have been wanting to drop Volvo portals under a Nissan Patrol for awhile now.

I am on the other side of Wyo...the mountain side. Yet, if you ever out this way would be great do do some wheeling with you. I have 5 old 60 series Nissan Patrols and a 712m 6x6 Pinzgauer. We have some good local trails, your welcome any time!

Ian

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Awesome Brian...

When can I expect that hog down in my neck of the woods... you are gonna be our featured guest at the 04' Pig Run... mabey this year Royal can drool over yours... ;)

Once again, I love it.. good work!

·
Registered
308 Posts
be careful on those berms.......ledges......ruts......the can sneek up on you and put you on your side.......:flipoff2:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Brian, that looks awesome man. Good job on the build up, I am impressed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sweet, I'm sure I speak for most people when I say I wish I had portals!

Get some longer shocks for some more droop and your rig will be damn near super badass!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
thats SOOOO clean looks stock ... and as for flex you buildin a long range camper or a rock crawler ..... for a camper thats alot of flex( more than mines got) , i also agree with the longer shock statement pull the shocks off and do that spot again and see how long/short you need bet you can get more out of the rear with some tweekin..... and again FAWKIN BAD ASS MAN keep the pics comin :D

·
Registered
900 Posts
sure wish that I still lived in Laramie, we could be comparing your pig to mine....

way to think "outside the box"...hmmm...maybe someone should start a column like that in TT ;)

so what's next? (besides earning more money) :D

bk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts