Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post up some ideas!

what configuation of links in a front suspension is going to give me the most uptravel without having them hit the engine?

I can go with either a high pinion or low pinion diff at this point. I think a low pinion is going to give me more room for the starter and the exhaust to cross-over under the oil pan.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The link designs that would give you the most uptravel would be any that keep the upper links away from the engine. Examples would be radius arms with a panhard bar, straight 4 link with panhard bar, triangluated 4 link with convering lower links, or 3 link with lower center link or wishbone.

Now those only consider uptravel as the leading requirement. Diff placement will be key with the portals to keep thing out of the engine. You also can build a taller rig to clear any suspension design.

You probably have seen what I built for the front of mine, but uptravel (whole axle traveling up) was not a priorty and I was focused on low CG and articulation. Here are some pics, still in buildup stages:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts