Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT:De-confused my post

I came across a Jeep Cherokee in the U.S. side. I reside North side up in Canada. The owner of the Jeep is presently away until the 3rd I wanted to research more about XJ's since I own a trail beater 98 TJ 2.5L

The owner is asking $2500 with 161000 miles on the odometer appx.

The for sale sign did not state what year it was.

Don't suppose anyone would know what year Beryl Green came out for XJ's?

Thanks

-Novy

·
Registered
841 Posts
You should be able to tell the year yourself by looking at the body style. They changed to the "new" style in 97. Look at some pics and take an educated guess at the year.

161000 Km or miles? The rear main seal is a common failure, but as long as the oil is changed regularly, there's really nothing "common" that is a problem area (XJ's and TJ's have the same 6 cyl engines -so whatever problems you have with your TJ's engine you might have with an XJ). Probably should look at the suspension bushings, but that would be on any vehicle of that age.

Good Luck.

Oh, and your post is very confusing. I had to read it about five times before I figured out what you were asking - and I'm still not sure I nailed it. That's probably why the views and no response.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...yes, you are right. My post was porbably confusing for people to read. Throwing disorganized information could very well be the culprit.

Thanks for the info. Seeing as the Cherokee is in the U.S, I'd be guessing that the odometer is reading in miles.

I'll study some pictures to determine the year through the various body
styles.

Thanks again.

-Novy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts