Pirate 4x4 banner

221 - 240 of 296 Posts

·
Owner TWF
9,237 Posts
Flew to SC to pick it up. I covered 7 states in 25 hours to get it back home. What a trip.

What I like best that I didn't know it had is a seat in the bed of it for dove hunting :flipoff2:

This was how the trip started. I spent the first hour of ownership on the side of the highway. It lost all power to the motor so I shut her off and called for a tow.

My next 8 hours were under the hood of it trying everything. I put a new lift pump on it. Same problem. It would run if you let it sit for 15 min then 2 min later it would lose all power. I got lucky and there was a place that worked on H1's. My tow got me there at close time. I talked them into letting me use their shop and one of their guys. I changed out half the parts under the hood using their stuff and still the same problem. I have a good friend here local that owns a diesel shop. I kept calling him asking what next, thank god I had his help as I'd of never been able to pull off all that I did without his phone help. Just for fun we changed the ABS relay with the pump relay and then all was well. So.. A fricking relay was the problem. Who'd a thunk?

It gets better. Today I wake up. Go to my garage and see a 6' pool of water under it.

What the hell? After beating my head against the wall wondering how coolant could be by the drivers fender it hit me. I must have cracked the washer fluid tank while climbing all over the motor just 2 days before. Sure enough. Thank god, it's just a cracked 10yr old plastic tank and not anything major. Outside of that I can't find a fault with it. Stay tuned in as I will be making some mods very soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
sounds like a PMD issue. if it's not now, it will be sometime in the future.

Best solution for TD Hummers in regards to PMD issues is to mount a remote PMD on a heatsink and keep a spare.

also you should sign up on the Hummernetworkforums.com
Their Humvee/H1 Forum is second to none.

Glad you got her home safe and sound. sorry to hear about the troubles. Can't wait to see what you do with her.

·
Owner TWF
9,237 Posts
sounds like a PMD issue. if it's not now, it will be sometime in the future.

Best solution for TD Hummers in regards to PMD issues is to mount a remote PMD on a heatsink and keep a spare.

also you should sign up on the Hummernetworkforums.com
Their Humvee/H1 Forum is second to none.

Glad you got her home safe and sound. sorry to hear about the troubles. Can't wait to see what you do with her.
Great advice. That was the first thing I swapped. Even with a new one it did the same thing. The owner had it moved to a remote location, keeping a spare is a great idea. After talking about my troubles to some diesel guys I had no clue a 200$ part was such an issue with the 6.5's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great advice. That was the first thing I swapped. Even with a new one it did the same thing. The owner had it moved to a remote location, keeping a spare is a great idea. After talking about my troubles to some diesel guys I had no clue a 200$ part was such an issue with the 6.5's.
it is unfortunate, but luckily once it's remotely mounted it's a pretty simple procedure (depending on where it is mounted) to swap em out.

How's the truck doing?

and here are a couple vendors that I use. awesome customer service.
BlueHummer.com
HummerPartsGuy.com

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is one of mine, sorry its not a wheelin pic. Its the only one I have access to on my work computer.

+1 for Bluehummer.com and Hummerpartsguy.com
both are really great guys who are willing to help. HML (Hummer mailing list) will save you alot of frustration!

406YJ - You'll notice in my back window I actually am rockin a trailworthyfab sticker as you hooked me up with my PVC inserts! Thanks.

·
Owner TWF
9,237 Posts
Here is one of mine.
406YJ - You'll notice in my back window I actually am rockin a trailworthyfab sticker as you hooked me up with my PVC inserts! Thanks.
That's Awesome man!! Thanks for pimping the TWF sticker :smokin:

·
Owner TWF
9,237 Posts
You need to make your pictures bigger. We can't see it :p

·
Owner TWF
9,237 Posts
Hummer ownership is not all it's cracked up to be :flipoff2:

My POS should be put back together in the next 30 days. All this over a bad head gasket as a result of a jacked up pump. :shaking: So far the 6.5 gets a big thumbs down from me.

·
Registered
252 Posts
10 feet? it was already fubared - you just killed it.
No, awd sucks. I really wish I could bolt up a different case to this 4l65, but if I started upgrading drivetrain parts on this turd to what they should be, there wouldnt be much left. Its a mall crawler, no need to try and make it tough.

·
Owner TWF
9,237 Posts
These wheels are a great pick/fit for your rig. Well done.

221 - 240 of 296 Posts