Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please post up photos of rigs with Full Hydro and Leaf Springs.

My brother-in-law is putting Full Hydro on his Toyota with Dana 60's. Need to get some ideas on how to mount the ram and do the links to the high steer arms.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
little off topic, but does your cylinder push the springs harder forcing the axle to move first. i see this with my power steering box i can just imangine what it would be with full hydro, yes my bushings are junk and the bolts are probally looser than my shits lately ( got lay off the veggies ). is a track bar needed to control the slop, agin soory for high jack just seems like a good thread to ask, jason.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Not with full hydro. If the ram move the tires turn. That is how it works. The axle frame connection no longer recieves steering input.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Not with full hydro. If the ram move the tires turn. That is how it works. The axle frame connection no longer recieves steering input.
thanks i never looked at it that way, now that i think about what your saying it makes total sence now, thanks jason.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Here is my old setup with my dana 60:

That was a 8" stroke cylinder, I am going with the same bore on the new setup but a 10" stroke instead with rockwells.
Please don't do this, for more reasons than I care to mention

The rods holding the ram to the diff are too long and could possibly break if the UV damage from the sun hits them at high noon. (this would be catastrophic.) Usually high steer, full hydro and leaf springs are the safest way to accomplish this. If you mount alot like the linked fronts you will have better steering angles, less ram bashing, and stronger mounting availabilities.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Thanks, you can't see it in the picture but I flipped the springs around kinda like a shackle reversal and cut them off, bored a 3/4" hole and has semi air bags on it w/ a 26" lift, now its in the process of getting a smaller lift with some rockwells.
I think we need to see some pics of this!!

·
Registered
8,039 Posts

Best pic I could find. Seems Soup Man is all worried about my steering setup, he sent me a long pm telling me how scary it was. Its been on my truck steering 44" michelin military tires for a year and nothing broke.....hmm...
gawd damn~!

·
Registered
4,621 Posts

Best pic I could find. Seems Soup Man is all worried about my steering setup, he sent me a long pm telling me how scary it was. Its been on my truck steering 44" michelin military tires for a year and nothing broke.....hmm...
Is that a fucking joke? From an engineer's standpoint, I'd say you are probably the worst truck builder to have ever graced the boards of the PBB. I just hope you don't kill anybody else when that piece of shit takes you out

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Yes, this is what we are thinking of doing. Randy is going to get some flat highsteer arms and weld a spacer on top of them to get the links up higher to clear the springs. Looks good.

You might wanna add a small arm so the rod end is mounted double sheer....On my old cj5 with only a steering box no hydraulic ram at all...I broke a 3/4 grade 8 bolt that was mounted single sheer....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts