Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.. I'm doing a sas on my 91 4runner this weekend and I want some ideas off of some 90's 4runners... so if anyone has any pics of any please post!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Damn, I want that! I was just working on putting together plans for a build on a 2nd gen 4runner and I was planning on running 39.5 iroks. What are the specs on your runner? I can't tell from the pic, did you swap to leaf springs in the rear, or stick with the coils? Are you running any body lift to clear those tires? How much suspension lift? Sorry for all the questions, but your truck looks exactly what I invisioned my next built to look like and I was trying to figure out how to cram 39.5's under it. :smokin:

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
DethYota said:
Damn, I want that! I was just working on putting together plans for a build on a 2nd gen 4runner and I was planning on running 39.5 iroks. What are the specs on your runner? I can't tell from the pic, did you swap to leaf springs in the rear, or stick with the coils? Are you running any body lift to clear those tires? How much suspension lift? Sorry for all the questions, but your truck looks exactly what I invisioned my next built to look like and I was trying to figure out how to cram 39.5's under it. :smokin:

I did switch to rear leafs, (Alcan's), and I have a 3" bodylift,(which allowed me to raise the gas tank about 2.75 "s), and I run 3.5" BDS Jeep YJ front springs which give about a 6" lift,, I have moved the front axle forward about 2.5"s by installing the front crossmember (2" drop box) forward and added a 1" forward centerbolt pad on the front axle,, I also trimmed the fenders a little,, and under full compression I still scrub a little, but not bad,,,:)
here is a link to some of the build-up<,http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220153&highlight=webilt

1 - 20 of 20 Posts