Pirate 4x4 banner

561 - 579 of 579 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
the Fleet , left to right : Axial Wraith , vintage Losi XXT , Losi MRC .

a little articulation :

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Just got this rig the other day. It's a wraith based rig. Had to replace about every electronic on it because every wire had be spliced back together at least once and it was driving me nuts. Here's a few pics.

In my bad yards rock garden.

A local hobby stores rock garden.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
They are scx10 axles with a junfac widner kit and aluminum ends.
Originally I just trimmed the body to fit the tires; however, today I broke something in the front diff and no longer have firxfir so I'm gonna start looking into options for that now.
I did upgrade the steering arms cuz it was cheap and I like shiny metal parts.
All the electronics are stock.

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice line up!

I've got a bomber that I've replaced about everything that could or did break, lots of fun but I'm looking to add another vehicle. Been looking at the Traxxas TRX4, any thoughts on those?

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Nice line up!

I've got a bomber that I've replaced about everything that could or did break, lots of fun but I'm looking to add another vehicle. Been looking at the Traxxas TRX4, any thoughts on those?
TRX4's are great I have one currently in the fleet. I buy and sell RC's frequently so my lineup changes a lot. I really like the ones with 2 speed and locking diffs over the sport. I have the bronco version-great rig and super tough. Add a better servo and it really doesn't need anything else.

·
Registered
34 Posts
TRX4's are great I have one currently in the fleet. I buy and sell RC's frequently so my lineup changes a lot. I really like the ones with 2 speed and locking diffs over the sport. I have the bronco version-great rig and super tough. Add a better servo and it really doesn't need anything else.
Good info, thanks. I'm more interested in the TRX4 vs the Sport for the reasons you mentioned- 2 speed tranny and locking diffs. Trying to decide if I want to build a chassis kit or just buy a Bronco. Pretty sure a servo and bec are needed on any new toy!

561 - 579 of 579 Posts